How much money from tooth fairy?

• Thread starter Redbelly98
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Money
In summary: I would give my kids 4 quarters or a dollar coin. They only lose them once, they don't lose them again. :tongue:After my older daughter started losing her second set of teeth due to a third set coming in, she had to have surgery to remove the rest of the third set. The third teeth that did come in before we removed the rest are perfectly normal.I got a quarter per tooth. It was the late 60's.
Math Is Hard said:
The mid 1970s ranged 25 cents to 50 cents for me.

Same for me, usually just a quarter. The exception was the last couple of molars earned a silver dollar each. Apparantly the toothfairy thought those were special teeth.

Physics news on Phys.org
Math Is Hard said:
The mid 1970s ranged 25 cents to 50 cents for me.

Moonbear said:
Same for me, usually just a quarter. The exception was the last couple of molars earned a silver dollar each. Apparantly the toothfairy thought those were special teeth.

Mid-70's 7-year-olds are definitely post-babyboom. With the supply of fresh teeth dwindling, I guess the tooth fairy had to put up more and more cash to make her quota.

Monique said:
Thanks for the link. It also has an answer for Redbelly98:

Cool! Thanks Monique.

I don't remember, maybe a nickel. There was no fairy, it was strictly a business matter between me and my father. He was always paying me for things. I got 10 cents for an A and 5 cents for a B on my report card. In the summer I got a penny a fly for killing flies in the house. Once we took a 2 week vacation on a lagoon and he bought me a crab trap and paid me 10 cents a crab. I had to buy the bait, but it was worth it. He would often give me 30 cents, 25 to go buy him a pack of cigarettes and 5 cents for a candy bar for myself. I got ten cents a week allowance until I was about 12 when I took a paper route.

I gave my kids a dollar a tooth, but I told them it was the tooth fairy. I did the whole thing, they had to put the tooth under the pillow, and I would come in after they fell asleep, took the tooth and left the dollar. I still have the teeth in a couple of envelopes to give to them, I don't know when.

I really don't remember how much I got. It was the early 90s ( :tongue2: ) and I remember at least a dollar for the later ones. For one I actually received a " tooth fairy coin" in a wooden container. I'll have to see if I can find that thing. I'm not sure if it was real silver and a troy ounce like the one in the link, but I remember it looking just like this.

http://cgi.ebay.com/RARE-TOOTH-FAIRY-COIN-SILVER-ART-ROUND-BULLION-bar-GIFT_W0QQitemZ270356622303QQcmdZViewItem

Late 70's early 80's... 25-50 cents.

We don't do the tooth-fairy in our present household though.
Mainly because the kid in question would take any change and...
A) spin it noisily on the hardwood floor for hours...
B) then put it in his mouth...
C) then return to step A.