How much of a joke is ITT Tech?

• Thread starter Iyafrady
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation revolves around the perception that ITT Tech's engineering program is not as reputable as traditional universities. One person shares their experience with a friend who only took one calculus course at ITT, and they question whether this qualifies them as an engineer. The group also discusses the limited options for engineering degrees at ITT and the level of education they provide.
Iyafrady
I always laugh when i see their commercials.One of my brothers friends who went ti ITT is supposedly an engineer and he said he only went up to calculus 1.WTH??HAHAHA

Physics news on Phys.org
ITT tech is there to make money. I do not think they care as much about education as about attracting students to their programs. They only offer Engineering technology degrees I think, which I don't think qualifies you to call yourself an engineer, at least in Canada, not sure how it works in the US of A.

How far do engineers go... only another term of stewart calculus? HAHAHA

The math course of their so-called "engineers" is "Introduction to Calculus"

1. How reputable is ITT Tech as a higher education institution?

ITT Tech has faced numerous lawsuits and investigations for fraudulent recruitment and job placement practices. Its accreditation has also been revoked by the US Department of Education. These factors indicate that ITT Tech's reputation as a higher education institution is not strong.

2. Are the degrees from ITT Tech recognized by employers and other universities?

Many employers and universities do not consider degrees from ITT Tech to be equivalent to those from accredited institutions. This is due to the lack of accreditation and concerns about the quality of education at ITT Tech.

3. What is the job placement rate for graduates of ITT Tech?

The reported job placement rate for ITT Tech graduates has been questioned and investigated by various agencies. In 2015, the US Department of Education found that the reported job placement rate was inflated, and the actual rate was much lower.

4. How much does it cost to attend ITT Tech?

The cost of attending ITT Tech is significantly higher than that of other accredited institutions. It has been reported that many students at ITT Tech end up with large amounts of student loan debt and struggle to find well-paying jobs to pay off their loans.

5. Can I transfer credits from ITT Tech to other institutions?

Due to ITT Tech's lack of accreditation, it is unlikely that credits earned at ITT Tech will be accepted by other institutions. This can make it difficult for students to continue their education or transfer to another school.