Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

How much time do you spend here?

1. < 5 minutes

0 vote(s)
  2. 5-15 minutes

3. 15-60 minutes

4. 1-2 hours

5. 2-4 hours

6. 4-8 hours

7. PF is my life

1. May 27, 2005 #1

Science Advisor

On average, how much time do you spend on PF per day?
  2. jcsd
  3. May 27, 2005 #2
  4. May 27, 2005 #3
    I used to spend 20 hours a week or more, basically any time i was at my computer, i was posting to PF. And any time I was in my room I was at my computer. It added up.

Not so much anymore though.
  5. May 27, 2005 #4

Gold Member

at least uummm an hour..okay, 2. ....3! you have it! OKAY OKAY! about 4 1/2 hours a day! :cry:
  6. May 27, 2005 #5

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Too much. :uhh: Errr, um...not nearly enough! :biggrin:
  7. May 27, 2005 #6

Gold Member

I clicked the 4-8 hours button, but some explanation is in order. The first thing that I do when I get up is log on and check for messages or new posts that require a response. As long as I'm in the house, and awake, I'm logged on here even if I happen to go watch TV or cruise around the net looking for stuff. When I go to sleep or out of the house, I log off. It therefore would be more appropriate to say that my computer is here 4-8 hours a day. I visit it from time to time to see what's up. Of course, once I get into it with Artman or Moonbear or the rest of 'my crowd', I might sit for 5 hours at a stretch trying to keep up to them. Unfortunately, they choose to do this at about 2 in the morning.
  8. May 28, 2005 #7
    Who else has PF as their default home page?
  9. May 28, 2005 #8
    I use the Mozilla Firefox browser (If you aren't all using this yet - why not?) and always have PF open in one of the tabs when I'm online.

Like Danger says, my PC is on line all the time its on, so I might appear to be online all day too!

Hard to give an average time for this site. When my life is hectic (ie last September until April!) I only could only afford fleating visits. It is though a wonderful site and the amount of Physics I have learnt from this visiting is amazing.
  10. May 28, 2005 #9

Now that its summer, I have plenty of time, too much. Ditto most of Danger's reasons.
  11. May 28, 2005 #10

Gold Member

aha! sucker

move to Europe and you'll be just fine with us :biggrin:
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?