Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

How not to do a relationship!

1. Dec 4, 2009 #1

Astronuc

Staff: Mentor

http://sports.yahoo.com/golf/blog/d...ods-newly-rewritten-prenup-em?urn=golf,206529

Rent-a-wife?

:rolleyes:

2. jcsd
  3. Dec 4, 2009 #2
  4. Dec 4, 2009 #3

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Me neither.

I just can't help but think that if after only 5 years of marriage you already want your pre-nup increased and still feel you need it, maybe it would be best to just get the divorce sooner than later.

5. Dec 4, 2009 #4

Borg

Gold Member

I was wondering how long it would take for this to come up on the forum. I've read that the affairs have been going on for 31 months. That would put it around May 2007 which is one year after his father died. Seems kind of an odd coincidence.

On another note, I heard that Tiger is changing his name. He's now going to be called Cheetah.

6. Dec 4, 2009 #5

Evo

Wow, what ever happened to "love"
    Isn't that called "extortion"?

Does anyone else see something wrong with asking to be paid any amount to stay married for 2 more years?

RUN TIGER, RUN!!!!

7. Dec 5, 2009 #6

Vanadium 50

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Education Advisor

$55M for two years of "wifely duties"? As a purely practical matter, wouldn't it be cheaper to..um...find someone willing to do this a la carte?

8. Dec 5, 2009 #7

DaveC426913

Gold Member

Oh Snayap!

9. Dec 5, 2009 #8
    Actually, I think it's a super-duper groaner, particularly because a few days ago something awfully similar to that was headline on a local newspaper. I'm not kidding. Headline. Front page. Edmonton Sun. (Although the word "Sun" speaks volumes.)

"Tiggah is a cheetah"

Terrible.

10. Dec 5, 2009 #9

Borek

What about Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes - I have read they too have some "rent-a-wife" kind of agreement, with prices set for each next kid and so on.

11. Dec 5, 2009 #10

Borek

After McCartney divorced with Heather Mills someone calculated that he would save a lot paying $4k per hour for highest quality service instead of getting married.

12. Dec 5, 2009 #11

JasonRox

Homework Helper
    Gold Member

Tiger cheated, and like some males, after having sex with the other girl he believes he's in love.

Sorry, but I can not see any true value existing in a relationship that is still currently short lived and had to be hidden behind the scenes the entire time. No opportunity to explore each other outside of a hotel. Come on, Tiger! You really that easy?

13. Dec 7, 2009 #12
    Six mistresses so far supposedly!

EDIT: Correction, now EIGHT mistresses supposedly thus far.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2009
  14. Dec 7, 2009 #13

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Well, when the wife is charging millions of dollars per year to perform "wifely duties," I suppose less expensive sources become much more desirable.

I'm skeptical that she really didn't know anything about it. A pre-nup agreement that pays the wife to stay married sounds more like a payment to look the other way and play a role in official settings rather than the arrangement a trusting wife who thinks her husband is completely faithful would ask for as a "just in case but don't really think I'll ever need it" pre-nup.

15. Dec 7, 2009 #14
    Did this occur before or after the cheating was discovered? I mean she went and attacked him physically, she had to have been pretty teed off about the cheating upon finding out about it.

16. Dec 7, 2009 #15

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

"teed off" ...was that an intentional pun? :biggrin:

I have no idea the order of events, nor whether it is established she attacked him physically or if that's just rumor.

17. Dec 7, 2009 #16

turbo

Gold Member

Reportedly, the bimbo-count is now in double digits. If there are "moral terpitude" clauses in Tiger's endorsement contracts, he'd better win a lot more tournaments and learn to live off the winnings, because endorsements won't be all that profitable.

Nike - "Just Do It" seems appropriate in this case.

18. Dec 7, 2009 #17

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Can I ask why the women get called bimbos?

Though, while the details of that prenup leave an impression that makes it quite believable he might have a mistress or two (not everyone is cut out for marriage or monogamy), I'm not sure I'd believe all the gossip that the numbers are as high as double digits. Unless they aren't so much mistresses as flings. Afterall, does he really have that much free time between practicing and tournaments and such?

I'm not so fond of morality clauses in endorsement contracts. I know they exist, and people agree to them, but I don't see what his misadventures with women has to do with his ability to play golf, which supposedly is the reason for these endorsements.

19. Dec 7, 2009 #18

turbo

Gold Member

For the same reason that I would call cheating males creeps. It's not as if any of those women were under any illusions regarding his identity or his marital status.

20. Dec 7, 2009 #19

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

It doesn't mean they are stupid either. Bimbo is a very perjorative term for women.

21. Dec 7, 2009 #20

turbo

Gold Member

OK, I see your point. I could have used a more pejorative term, but settled on that one after milliseconds of thoughtful consideration. :tongue:

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook