Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

How often do researchers from peer-review journals let others see their original data

1. Nov 19, 2009 #1
    I'm curious because I want to play around with data for fun on some statistics software I'm teaching myself, plus I want to create equations to describe/predict things that I find interesting in peer-review journals.

How often do they let others see their original data sets?

2. jcsd
  3. Nov 20, 2009 #2
    Re: How often do researchers from peer-review journals let others see their original

You mean like some guy who publishes claiming something on climate change, but shows only his conclusions and not his original data? We've seen that. But how prevalent it is...?? you would probably have to ask elsewhere than the "mathematics" section of the board, since mathematicians never (as far as I know) keep their data secret.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook