How often do you exercise?

• Thread starter Pauly Man
  • Start date

I am curious to kow how many times per week people exercise.

• Less than once a week

Votes: 3 20.0%
  • Once a week

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Twice a week

• Three times a week

• More than three times a week

Votes: 6 40.0%

• Total voters
I am interested in finding out how often most of us here on PF exercise per week. By exercise I mean deliberate physical activity undertaken to maintain and/or improve fitness.

I currently exercise 5 days a week.

Last edited:
I voted " less than once a week". I know it's not a healthy way of living for a 17 year old teenager but I really don't have much time to exercise. I used to be a team member of the athletic's team and volleyball team in school but I quitted in September last year. (I have had an extremely hectic schedule since Sept.) I do love sports and miss playing sports a lot.

I hope I can pick up sports again in the coming summer holiday and I'll train myself long distance running. Hope I'll have time to do so. :wink:

Kerrie

Staff Emeritus
Gold Member
i voted twice a week, although if i had more time, it would be about 4 times a week...recently joined a gym and i play raquetball, indulge in yoga ( i highly recommend it ) and do some weight lifting...

I said twice a week. I play tennis after work on tuesdays with a friend and I try to get out and shoot some hoops a few times a week.

I exercise more than 3 times a week, i play alot of soccer at college whenever i have free periods and also play 5-a-side soccer after college on tuesdays.

Zero

I'm exercising 3-5 times a week...cycling and weights mostly.

Dx

Originally posted by Zero
I'm exercising 3-5 times a week...cycling and weights mostly.
Does lifting the fork of mashed potatoes to my mouth count since I am working my biceps. I voted 3 times since being in todays military its considered social harmony. HEHEHE!
Dx :wink:

Running once every 2 days.

I do weight exercise 5 times/week. I also do some yoga, cycling, and running (I hate when people ask me where I'm headed , doesn't anyone just run for exercise anymore?).

Originally posted by Mentat
I do weight exercise 5 times/week. I also do some yoga, cycling, and running (I hate when people ask me where I'm headed , doesn't anyone just run for exercise anymore?).

I can not remember being asked that. Then again, the only time I wear a tracksuit is to go running, so it should be obvious to them.

I do weight exercise 5 times/week.
Wow! My muscles wouldn't like me very much if I did that. They need at least a days recovery in between to start rebuilding and replenishing energy.

5 times a week. cycling or running plus weights. You can do weights consecutively from day to day and still rest if you do different muscle groups on different days. That's what i do. I would get too pooped too if I did the same weight exercises everyday.

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I do weight exercise 5 times/week.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wow! My muscles wouldn't like me very much if I did that. They need at least a days recovery in between to start rebuilding and replenishing energy.

I wasn't sure what to answer for this. I am notorious among my friends for not exercising because (this will probably be thought of as a terrible reason) at my school it is something people use to sculpt themselves into the so called body type so they can mate.

However, I just started karate classes (they are free at this place nearby) because I want to be a ninja! (To me, a sport/discipline is acceptable, but the pure meat market one so often finds in gyms is not.)

What are some of the reasons behind people's exercise schedules?