Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

How often do you party/go out?

1. less than once a month

7 vote(s)
    13.7%
  2. once a month

8 vote(s)
    15.7%
  3. twice a month

3 vote(s)
    5.9%
  4. once a week

10 vote(s)
    19.6%
  5. twice a week

4 vote(s)
    7.8%
  6. more than twice a week

7 vote(s)
    13.7%
  7. Never

12 vote(s)
    23.5%
  1. May 6, 2007 #1

radou

Homework Helper

Well, recently I've been feeling highly demotivated about partying/going out, etc. I mean, I do go out and have fun occasionaly, but not so often as my friends. I simply don't find it exciting at the moment. What about you people?

2. jcsd
  3. May 6, 2007 #2

Pyrrhus

Homework Helper

Hey radou,

In my case it varies from 4 to 6 and sometimes 8 times a month. Partying doesn't help me in my studies at all, but it is needed once in a while to change the atmosphere and redudancy of college.

4. May 6, 2007 #3

radou

Homework Helper

Hence, it does help you in your studies in a way. :wink:

5. May 6, 2007 #4
    I would put it at once a week, I would like to maybe go out 2x a week but I am really busy lately :-(. I need to go out at least once a week or else I find it hard to keep working etc.

6. May 6, 2007 #5

cristo

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor

For me, it's somewhere between once and twice a week. I normally go out on Friday nights for a major night out, then either saturday sometimes (as my friend manages a bar!) or a random night of the week when there's football on. At the moment, however, it's nearer to none, since exams are on their way!

I have, like yourself radou, feel less motivation to go out this year. I think it's because I'm in my fourth year at university, getting a little older, and just can't really function well the day after a night out! Back in my first year, I used to go out most nights of the week, and still make morning lectures (although the state i was in left much to be desired!). I don't know how I did it!! However now work piles on, and thus forces me to stay in!

7. May 6, 2007 #6

G01

Homework Helper
    Gold Member

My friends and I usually go out once a week, but since we don't really go nuts,(we just hang out, get food etc.) I don't think it counts as "partying" in the traditional college sense.

8. May 6, 2007 #7

Evo

Staff: Mentor

Sorry Radou, had to edit your poll to add "never".

9. May 6, 2007 #8

radou

Homework Helper

Well, I wasn't necessarily referring to Bender's idea of partying, eg "Hey. What kind of party is this? There's no booze and only one hooker.", so it can count in. :smile:

10. May 6, 2007 #9

radou

Homework Helper

Couldn't "never" classify as "less than once a month"? :grumpy: :devil: :tongue:

11. May 6, 2007 #10

Astronuc

Staff: Mentor

I put once a month, but then I don't 'go out' like I used to. :rolleyes:

Back in early years of uni, I'd go out Thursday, Friday and Saturday nights, and usually drank a lot of beer.

When I changed schools, I got more serious and stopped going out.

After I got married, and especially having kids, going out was very limited.

Now, the only times I go out are when I'm travelling, and when its with a client, it's a pretty subdued event.

Hmmm. We'll have to do something about that. o:) :cool:

12. May 6, 2007 #11
    I feel depressed kind of from reading this as I basicly never go out. I need to get more friends. Well also going out usually involves to go spend some money, my friends tipically goto the movies or somewhere like that to hang out. Well I live with my mother and my father doesn't support me at all, so I can't usually afford anything. I finished first year of university and got hired as a programmer hopefully I'll be able to make enough money to do something. I start work tomorow.

13. May 6, 2007 #12
    Congratulations on the new job, Four. :-)

14. May 6, 2007 #13
    I only have a couple of friends, but we get together most days to take-our-medicine / say-our-prayers. For me the key to a good social life is location, location, location. The only time I have 'friends' (as opposed to aquantainces) is when there are people for whom it is so mutually convenient to hang out that we can frequently do so for a short time. I don't go out and party (because I don't drink alcohol), but I go to afternoon-evening gatherings nearly everyday.

15. May 6, 2007 #14
    I think its beeen almost a year since i've actually taken time outside of school events to hang out with my friends... I never get invited to stuff.

16. May 6, 2007 #15
    Can anyone really honestly vote never. Everybody has been out at least once in their lifetime.

17. May 6, 2007 #16
    used to be every day now it's almost never, need to find that happy medium.

18. May 6, 2007 #17
    about once a week... some weeks more, some weeks I just stay home. My friends do it every day rain or shine... I don't know how they do it. I can't spend that much time with people. I need my time alone and lots of it or I go insane.

19. May 6, 2007 #18

Pyrrhus

Homework Helper

You got me there!

As for definition of party in the bender sense, i've been to quite a few, but it's not what i frequent, i prefer gatherings with booze and friends. Sometimes, i might smoke depending on the event and if there are cigars :smile: .

20. May 7, 2007 #19

JasonRox

Homework Helper
    Gold Member

Going out can be expensive though. That's probably the biggest problem.

I never keep track of how much I spend, but the last time my friend and I went out drinking and drank quite a bit, he spent like $150 I think. He doesn't know either. He spotted me, and I just pay for him later. We never keep track of who owes what.

The craziest part was when we went to Boston Pizza and just chilled out and stuff. At the end, we got a bill of $100 for 2 people!

Another issue is when you work in the morning.... oh boy. I'll plan to be out for until like 1 or 2 or so, and it always end up being like 5am.

I don't go out that much personally, but I'm trying to pick it up a bit. So, we'll see how that goes.

Last edited: May 7, 2007
  21. May 7, 2007 #20

Mk

I hate parties. I hate parties with drunk people more.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?