How often do you party/go out?

• Thread starter radou
  • Start date
In summary, people often feel less motivation to go out and party when they are in their fourth year of university. This is because they are getting older and have more responsibilities.

As the title suggests...

• less than once a month

Votes: 7 13.7%
  • once a month

Votes: 8 15.7%
  • twice a month

Votes: 3 5.9%
  • once a week

Votes: 10 19.6%
  • twice a week

Votes: 4 7.8%
  • more than twice a week

Votes: 7 13.7%
  • Never

Votes: 12 23.5%

• Total voters
Go out and drink beer in cafes all the time -- European, innit :smile:

Physics news on Phys.org
Never. Partying is for lesser minds.

Smurf said:
Never. Partying is for lesser minds.

you've obviously never been at a party with one of these babies: http://www.ekitchengadgets.com/shgldrchset.html

There is no better measure of a great mind than the ability to follow a game of chess bombed.— I know I can't... after a few turns my queen was humping one of the pawns, and the bishops were urinating on the king :yuck: .

i keep discovering new things in the house... like my dad!

gravenewworld said:
I swear for about 10 thursdays in a row I
got at least 1 number from some lonely female.

If this was true, you wouldn't have the time for this very post here of PF, pal. :biggrin:

sara_87 said:
i keep discovering new things in the house... like my dad!

What does that have to do with partying? You discover parties in your house..? :tongue:

radou said:
What does that have to do with partying? You discover parties in your house..? :tongue:
sometimes :biggrin:

check said:
Why, what's a typical night out in the States cost? On my last date I spent $75 Canadian (~$68 US) (tip included) for the both of us.. 12 drinks in total. I know that booze bought from a store is way cheaper in the states than in Ontario, but how does it compare to the bars?

In regards to the poll, generally during school I try to go out at least once a week and often twice. During the summer it's about 3 times a week. :approve:

Whoa! I rarely ever, well never, buy drinks for the ladies. If she was a date, then maybe one or two.

I never bought a random girl I met at a bar a drink.

I agree. If women want equality, that means paying their own bill.

Do bridal showers and baby showers count? Dinner with a group of friends? How are we defining party, and does alcohol have to be involved?

I get very confused by the word "party" used as a verb. In my younger days, it meant "smoke pot". People used to ask me "Do you like to party?" and I naively said, "yes, sure!" before someone clued me in on what it meant! :redface:

Last edited:
Math Is Hard said:
Do bridal showers and baby showers count? Dinner with a group of friends? How are we defining party, and does alcohol have to be involved?

I get very confused by the word "party" used as a verb. In my younger days, it meant "smoke pot". People used to ask me "Do you like to party?" and I naively said, "yes, sure!" before someone clued me in on what it meant! :redface:

Yeah, that's what I think of party. It's either smoking weed or drinking or both.

I don't smoke, but when I think party, I definitely think alcohol.

Smurf said:

I agree. And I'm fed up with that door-opening and coat-taking stuff. They should do it all on their own. :devil: :tongue2:

Math Is Hard said:

Definition: anything that includes vices. :biggrin:

Smurf said:

That's not the context of what I'm thinking about though.

I'll open doors for the ladies and do my best eating and such.

moe darklight said:
you've obviously never been at a party with one of these babies: http://www.ekitchengadgets.com/shgldrchset.html

There is no better measure of a great mind than the ability to follow a game of chess bombed.— I know I can't... after a few turns my queen was humping one of the pawns, and the bishops were urinating on the king :yuck: .
Sweetness. I loves efficiency.

Hm, I wonder how you would program drunkenness into a chess-playing program. That might be worth getting drunk for. At least I wouldn't have to beat it up when it tried to take advantage of me. :tongue2:

Smurf said:
I don't suppose you would prefer "since women deserve equality"?

Last edited:
Leopold Infeld said:
I have actually never been to any party before LOL!

me too! except for relatives birthdays

Actually, Evo saved my day, since the number of votes for the "Never" option seems to be increasing rapidly. And I thought I was a weirdo because I don't go out all the time. :rolleyes:

JasonRox said:
Whoa! I rarely ever, well never, buy drinks for the ladies. If she was a date, then maybe one or two.

I never bought a random girl I met at a bar a drink.

Oh she offered to pay, don't worry. She got the cab rides last time and I told her she could get it this time, but we actually just ended up walking (stumbling) home together. It was actually very nice.

check said:
Oh she offered to pay, don't worry. She got the cab rides last time and I told her she could get it this time, but we actually just ended up walking (stumbling) home together. It was actually very nice.

But if she offers, why not just let her pay? Otherwise, she shouldn't offer.

JasonRox said:
But if she offers, why not just let her pay? Otherwise, she shouldn't offer.

Meh, it wasn't a big deal and it's not like I pay for everything. Sometimes she'll pick up the tab, other times me. That particular case I just payed the tab while she was in the washroom before we left. She asked how much she owed me and I not to worry about it. I didn't really feel like doing a financial breakdown of who owed what at 3am, you know? :smile:

<h2>1. How often do you party?</h2><p>As a scientist, I do not have a set frequency for partying. I prioritize my work and only attend social events when I have free time.</p><h2>2. Do you go out often?</h2><p>My work as a scientist requires me to spend a lot of time in the laboratory or conducting research, so I do not go out as often as others may. However, I do make time for social activities when I can.</p><h2>3. What kind of parties do you attend?</h2><p>As a scientist, I am usually invited to academic or professional events rather than parties. These events are usually related to my field of study or research.</p><h2>4. How do you balance partying and your work as a scientist?</h2><p>Balancing work and social activities can be challenging, but as a scientist, I prioritize my work and only attend parties or events when I have free time. I also make sure to schedule my time effectively to ensure I meet my work deadlines.</p><h2>5. Do you think partying affects your work as a scientist?</h2><p>As long as I prioritize my work and only attend social events when I have free time, partying does not affect my work as a scientist. In fact, taking breaks and socializing can have a positive impact on my productivity and creativity in my work.</p>

1. How often do you party?

As a scientist, I do not have a set frequency for partying. I prioritize my work and only attend social events when I have free time.

2. Do you go out often?

My work as a scientist requires me to spend a lot of time in the laboratory or conducting research, so I do not go out as often as others may. However, I do make time for social activities when I can.

3. What kind of parties do you attend?

As a scientist, I am usually invited to academic or professional events rather than parties. These events are usually related to my field of study or research.

4. How do you balance partying and your work as a scientist?

Balancing work and social activities can be challenging, but as a scientist, I prioritize my work and only attend parties or events when I have free time. I also make sure to schedule my time effectively to ensure I meet my work deadlines.

5. Do you think partying affects your work as a scientist?

As long as I prioritize my work and only attend social events when I have free time, partying does not affect my work as a scientist. In fact, taking breaks and socializing can have a positive impact on my productivity and creativity in my work.