What is the average age of PF members?

• Thread starter stoned
  • Start date
In summary: The average age of PF members is approximately 20 years old. There is a one per nation limit to the number of members.
bjr_jyd15 said:
It's really crazy how most kids drive in my school. Right when school ends, there's a race to the parking lot, and everyone revs their engine and drives about 40 mph in the parking lot while honking their horns...and i just wonder why?

Because they're crazy MI drivers! When I'd be on the interstates, it seemed there was a simple rule to what speed people drove...if they were in front of me, they drove 40 mph, and if they were behind me, they wanted to drive 90 mph. What I really couldn't understand was having the speed limit 10 or 15 mph lower for trucks than for cars, but then not requiring trucks to stay in the right lane, so instead they'd be pacing each other side by side at the lower speed limit while no car could pass. Actually, both MI and OH drivers seem to have entirely missed the concept of staying to the right if you're driving slow and moving to the left to pass.

Physics news on Phys.org
Moonbear said:
...if they were in front of me, they drove 40 mph, and if they were behind me, they wanted to drive 90 mph.

lol, believe me, it's seems like that for everyone...people tail me when I'm doing 55 on a 45, and then i get people in front of me who do 35-40 on the same road...

Moonbear said:
What I really couldn't understand was having the speed limit 10 or 15 mph lower for trucks than for cars, but then not requiring trucks to stay in the right lane, so instead they'd be pacing each other side by side at the lower speed limit while no car could pass. Actually, both MI and OH drivers seem to have entirely missed the concept of staying to the right if you're driving slow and moving to the left to pass.

my 5 mile drive to school is frustrating enough at 6:30 am :zzz: , glad i don't have to deal with the highways and all those annoying trucks!

I'm 22 almost. And the PF administrator is 22 :smile:

I'm 21 ...

At the beginning I used to imagine the majority of members like old men with grey hair. Physicists! :wink:
But young people tend to be more productive and creative, I believe. :rolleyes:

47, old enough to know better, but young enough to do it anyway. :tongue2:

ramollari said:
At the beginning I used to imagine the majority of members like old men with grey hair. Physicists! :wink:
But young people tend to be more productive and creative, I believe. :rolleyes:
:tongue: Pffffthththth!*

*I stand corrected, Moonbear--I don't know how to spell it either.

Danger said:

:rofl:

See?! Not as easy as you thought! I think this is important to find the best spelling. :biggrin:

Thbbbbbpt! :tongue:

bjr_jyd15 said:
It's really crazy how most kids drive in my school. Right when school ends, there's a race to the parking lot, and everyone revs their engine and drives about 40 mph in the parking lot while honking their horns...and i just wonder why?

There's pretty much an accident every day in our parking lot, and with 2000 kids to a school, you pretty much have to wait about 30 minutes until its "safe" to drive out...lol i just wait because i have track practice...it's not worth risking my insurance costs hitting the sky.

Agreed. I am the only one who obeys the 5 mph speed limit in the parking lot, and I have great fun looking at everyone tailgating me from behind. I also am the only one turning on my turn signal when going into a parking space.

Another good use for track practice :biggrin:. I know the feeling, its not safe to drive out of the parking lot until 20 minutes have passed.

As for my age, currently 17.5833 (margin of error +- 0.0166) per this month/beginning of next month.

Danger said:

Come on, don't consider yourself as an old person, for your age... :cool:

Math Is Hard said:
There's a one per nation limit, right??
And they say there's no security issues with our borders... :rofl: In the other poll I would have to admit to 30+ and it's probably best if Danger (Austin Powers middle name?) is slowing from arthritis, etc. :tongue:

As for Moonbear and Hypatia, you both look quite young, but if you are older than you look, that would help explain your immense wisdom. :smile:

Moonbear said:
:rofl:

See?! Not as easy as you thought! I think this is important to find the best spelling. :biggrin:

Thbbbbbpt! :tongue:
Not wet enough. :tongue:

SOS2008 said:
it's probably best if Danger (Austin Powers middle name?) is slowing from arthritis, etc. :tongue:
Don't get feeling too comfortable just yet, SOS. There's still that JATO-powered wheelchair. :wink:

Danger said:
Don't get feeling too comfortable just yet, SOS. There's still that JATO-powered wheelchair. :wink:
Who says I'm not already using one of these? Maybe I'll try it out the next time I see tribdog in the melon section...BBW = Big Bruised Watermelon alright!

SOS2008 said:
Who says I'm not already using one of these?
Perhaps you are, but if you're in California (as a couple of your comments indicated), the advantage is mine. Chasing you across a beach, I'm sure that my Canadian Special ski-equipped machine will be far more efficient than your land-of-the-sun wheeled unit. :biggrin:

Danger said:
Perhaps you are, but if you're in California (as a couple of your comments indicated), the advantage is mine. Chasing you across a beach, I'm sure that my Canadian Special ski-equipped machine will be far more efficient than your land-of-the-sun wheeled unit. :biggrin:
Wrong my good man--I'm in Arizona so you better get desert equipment if you head this far south. And remember, you won't be the only dangerous thing around here (I've dealt with many a rattler). Actually, there are more boats here per capita than people would think--so many lakes and so much warm weather. Should I tell you all how nice it is right this very moment? :devil: Aaah, you'd just get me back in the summer...

SOS2008 said:
Wrong my good man--I'm in Arizona so you better get desert equipment if you head this far south.
There is a 4-wheel drive conversion kit, but I haven't tried it yet. I should just combine it with my hemi-powered hovercraft to make a rocket-assisted air cushion skirt-chaser.

Danger said:
There is a 4-wheel drive conversion kit, but I haven't tried it yet. I should just combine it with my hemi-powered hovercraft to make a rocket-assisted air cushion skirt-chaser.
They should never have let you into the hovercraft thread, and then let you into this section--Brewnog! Though, now I'm curious about the air cushion--does it lift the craft or skirts?

You should read the classic threads--the one about Dave is so hilarious, and made me realize how talented and wonderfully demented a few members are--Moonbear... :biggrin:

SOS2008 said:
You should read the classic threads--the one about Dave is so hilarious, and made me realize how talented and wonderfully demented a few members are--Moonbear... :biggrin:

LOL...I should return to that, I think we left it as a bit of a cliffhanger. I'm not so sure about talented, but definitely demented! :tongue2:

Moonbear said:
I'm not so sure about talented, but definitely demented! :tongue2:
There's a difference?

SOS2008 said:
Though, now I'm curious about the air cushion--does it lift the craft or skirts?
If properly designed... both.

Danger said:
If properly designed... both.
Stop trying to confuse an old lady like me--what thread am I in? Oh yeh--we'll see if you can design anything that can catch the supersonic RV! Hey, who's driving? Put down that green apple martini! Was that a hovercraft we just demolished?

SOS2008 said:
Was that a hovercraft we just demolished?
I suspect that you don't quite realize the scale of this thing. :biggrin: As I said, I've been putting a lot of thought into it for a long time. It's over 6 metres long with chrome-moly tube frame and carbon composite hull. (Okay, maybe fibreglas for economy.) If the propulsion and stabilization systems work the way they're supposed to, I'm looking for a top end somewhere on the rude side of 150kph. Seriously. :cool:

Danger said:
I suspect that you don't quite realize the scale of this thing. :biggrin: As I said, I've been putting a lot of thought into it for a long time. It's over 6 metres long with chrome-moly tube frame and carbon composite hull. (Okay, maybe fibreglas for economy.) If the propulsion and stabilization systems work the way they're supposed to, I'm looking for a top end somewhere on the rude side of 150kph. Seriously. :cool:
Okay, so when you find the plans under all the stuff on your dining room table, and the Danger Mobile is completed, maybe we could go for a spin! :biggrin: Yeh, baby, yeh--oh behave! :tongue2:

SOS2008 said:
maybe we could go for a spin!
Soitainly :wink: :wink:
Remember to wear a puffy skirt.

Danger said:
Soitainly :wink: :wink:
Remember to wear a puffy skirt.
Then tribdog would find out what kind of underwear I wear...?! Or...maybe I'll finish my new-fangled contraption before you finish yours. I posted it under PF Singles...I think... (except I lied about the hearing device--it's just a hearing aid with the volume turned to maximum...) :rofl:

SOS2008 said:
Then tribdog would find out what kind of underwear I wear...?!
To save having to repeat myself, I direct you to 'Intelligent Hangouts?' #9. :biggrin:

~no wonder i don't understand much

Take that you stupid character counter, not letting me put only 17

I'll be 37 next month, married and 2 kids, one 15month old boy and one 4 yera old girl
we re not happy, I am looking for another wife

As I am no less than the sum of my parts and since the universe is as close to being closed as one can expect such a thing to be, I can say I am as old as the universe itself.

Erm... 19 but I turn 20 on the 28th of this month. :smile:

turned 18 last month...
17.44 is the average age? dang, man I am gettin old :rofl: when i first came on the net and irc i was 12 and everyone else older than me :)

17 last month.

graphic7 said:
I'm probably one of the youngest here - 16.
No I'm 16 also.

16 this month