How old are you?

• Thread starter Mentat
  • Start date

DR OF DEATH

ok sleuth i can see your point slightly, i could just be getting better at doing the tests. but i also see mentats point that iq tests cover overall intelligence not just learning apptitude.

over here its 16=legal sex (gay and straight), and war. 17= drivers license 18= x-rated movies, and drink alcohol legally. 60= pension, discount travel and salvation army (oldies club).

Originally posted by Mentat
And few older ones have such an inquisitive mind, Majin.

This is an important point as well. You see, I said that age affords one more opportunities to learn; however, while this is still true, there some younger people (like MajinVegeta) who have such a zeal for learning, that they can easily make up for their lack of "experience".
My younger brother is 13 and he wouldn't pick up a book if his life depended on it. I'm sure he'd rather die than learn about the world he lives in. I'm 18, myself, just graduated from high school. Being on this forum makes me wish I was even younger. There's no way I'll ever understand all there is to understand in my lifetime. It's rather discouraging.

Originally posted by StephenPrivitera
My younger brother is 13 and he wouldn't pick up a book if his life depended on it. I'm sure he'd rather die than learn about the world he lives in. I'm 18, myself, just graduated from high school. Being on this forum makes me wish I was even younger. There's no way I'll ever understand all there is to understand in my lifetime. It's rather discouraging.
Unfortunately no one has all the answers. All we can do is strive to find all the answers that we can.

DR OF DEATH

im 22, ive done school, and college, got great grades in a range of subjects, now im studying for an MBA (masters of business administration) degree in business admin and managment. i read text books on subjects ranging from psychology and philosphy to medicine etc, but i still know very litle of everything there is to know. IQtests you skills and learning apptitude, it doesnt tell you how much you know.

Originally posted by sir-pinski
24 and not particularly bothered by it. Life is far too short to be worried about how old you are - it's better to just live I think. Besides hopefully nano-tech and advanced genetic engineering will come along soon and help us all out :)
Yeah . I'm 24.