How ould I start this off?

• Thread starter jayar182
  • Start date
In summary, the task is to find the equation of a line with an inclination of 130 degrees going through the point (0,2). The slope of the line is the tangent of the angle it makes with the horizontal axis, and it will be in the format of y=mx+b. The given information does not include any other details.
jayar182

Homework Statement

find the equation of the line with the inclination 130 degrees going through point (0,2)

Homework Equations

The Attempt at a Solution

baffled at how to start...

thanks!

Physics news on Phys.org
What do you know about the equation of a line?

Maybe drawing it 1st will give you an idea of what the equation should be.

A line of inlcination 180[tex]\cdot[/tex] going through (0,2) would have the equation: y = 2

What is the slope of the line?

for the past two days, I couldn't enter this site...

thanks, for the equation, this is all the information given...I assume it will be in a "y=mx+b" format, but I am not sure. also the slope has to be a 130 degree angle with the horizontal axis (I believe the x axis)...

if it helps, the class is math analyst, which is the one before calculus...

thanks!

No, the "slope" of a line, in this sense, is NOT the angle it makes with the x-axis, it is the tangent of that angle. Now, how is that "slope" connected with y= mx+ b?

1. How do I begin my research project?

To start off your research project, you should clearly define your research question or topic. This will help guide your research and ensure that you stay focused. You should also familiarize yourself with the existing literature on the subject and develop a research plan.

2. What are the key elements of a successful research project?

A successful research project should have a well-defined research question, a thorough literature review, a clear methodology, and reliable data analysis. It should also have a logical and well-organized structure, and should be conducted with ethical and rigorous research practices.

3. How do I choose a research methodology?

The choice of research methodology will depend on your research question and objectives. Some common research methodologies include experiments, surveys, case studies, and content analysis. You should also consider the feasibility and practicality of each methodology for your specific research project.

4. What are the important components of a literature review?

A literature review should provide an overview and critical analysis of the existing research and theories related to your topic. It should also identify any gaps in the literature and explain how your research will contribute to the existing knowledge. A literature review should be well-structured and properly cited.

5. How do I ensure the validity and reliability of my research?

To ensure the validity and reliability of your research, you should carefully design your study and use appropriate research methods and techniques. It is also important to collect and analyze data accurately and objectively, and to consider potential biases and limitations of your research. Peer review and replication of your study can also help to validate your findings.