Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

How repeat prescriptions work

1. Oct 31, 2014 #1

julian

Gold Member

Say you are on a 14 day repeat prescription. Two tablets to be taken per day, so 28 tablets. If I picked up and started the first prescription on say a Tuesday would the next prescription be issued on another Tuesday?

I work it out this way...I write out a log. The first day is in my log is a Tuesday because that is the day I take the first dose:

Tuesday - take 2
    Wednesday - take 2
    Thursday - take 2
    Friday - take 2
    Saturday - take 2
    Sunday - take 2
    Monday - take 2
    Tuesday - take 2
    Wednesday - take 2
    Thursday - take 2
    Friday - take 2
    Saturday - take 2
    Sunday - take 2
    Monday - take 2 (total taken = 28)

The next day, the Tuesday, you would pick up a new 14 day prescription and start taking them. Is this correct?

Last edited: Oct 31, 2014
  2. jcsd
  3. Oct 31, 2014 #2

jedishrfu

Staff: Mentor

4. Oct 31, 2014 #3

Ryan_m_b

If I'm on a repeat prescription I make sure I have a new set of pills before the final day. That way you've still got time to get them if you're prevented from getting them for whatever reason.

5. Oct 31, 2014 #4

jtbell

Yep, I always refill a prescription a couple of days in advance. The pharmacy has never given me any trouble about it.

6. Oct 31, 2014 #5

Evo

There is a set number of days in advance of when you got the prescription filled to when you can get it refilled. I always try to get my refills before the last day.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook