Managing Repeat Prescriptions: Understanding the Timing and Process

• Thread starter julian
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Work
In summary, if you are on a 14 day repeat prescription with 2 tablets to be taken per day, the next prescription will be issued on the following Tuesday if the first prescription was started on a Tuesday. It is recommended to refill the prescription a few days in advance to ensure you have enough time in case of any delays.
julian
Gold Member
Say you are on a 14 day repeat prescription. Two tablets to be taken per day, so 28 tablets. If I picked up and started the first prescription on say a Tuesday would the next prescription be issued on another Tuesday?

I work it out this way...I write out a log. The first day is in my log is a Tuesday because that is the day I take the first dose:

Tuesday - take 2
Wednesday - take 2
Thursday - take 2
Friday - take 2
Saturday - take 2
Sunday - take 2
Monday - take 2
Tuesday - take 2
Wednesday - take 2
Thursday - take 2
Friday - take 2
Saturday - take 2
Sunday - take 2
Monday - take 2 (total taken = 28)

The next day, the Tuesday, you would pick up a new 14 day prescription and start taking them. Is this correct?

Last edited:
Biology news on Phys.org
If I'm on a repeat prescription I make sure I have a new set of pills before the final day. That way you've still got time to get them if you're prevented from getting them for whatever reason.

Yep, I always refill a prescription a couple of days in advance. The pharmacy has never given me any trouble about it.

There is a set number of days in advance of when you got the prescription filled to when you can get it refilled. I always try to get my refills before the last day.

1. How do I request a repeat prescription?

To request a repeat prescription, you can either visit your doctor's office or use an online service. Your doctor may also allow you to make requests by phone or through a pharmacy. You will need to provide your personal information, the name of the medication, and the dosage.

2. How often can I request a repeat prescription?

The frequency of repeat prescription requests varies depending on the medication and your doctor's instructions. Some medications may be requested every month, while others may be requested every 3 months. It is important to follow your doctor's recommended schedule to ensure you have an adequate supply of medication.

3. Can I request a repeat prescription in advance?

Yes, you can request a repeat prescription in advance. However, your doctor may have specific guidelines on how far in advance you can make a request. It is important to follow these guidelines to ensure that your prescription is accurate and up to date.

4. How long does it take for a repeat prescription to be processed?

The processing time for a repeat prescription may vary depending on your doctor's office or pharmacy. In general, it can take up to 48 hours for a repeat prescription to be processed. If there are any issues or delays, your doctor or pharmacist will inform you.

5. Can I make changes to my repeat prescription?

In most cases, you cannot make changes to a repeat prescription without consulting your doctor first. If you need to change the dosage or medication, you will need to schedule an appointment with your doctor. However, if there are minor changes, such as the quantity or frequency, your doctor may allow you to make these changes through a pharmacy. It is important to always consult with your doctor before making any changes to your medication.