Find Out How Rich You Are in 1 Minute!

• Thread starter Lisa!
  • Start date
In summary, the person responded to the question with an income of $50,000. They are in the top 0.98% of earners. They said that if they didn't have that income, they would still be the richest person in the world. They said that the site equates income with wealth, even though these are two different concepts. They said that their money has greater purchasing power in an Angolan village, but they don't live there. They said that the program doesn't seem to refresh on its own.
Lisa!
Gold Member
How rich are you?
(It takes less than 1 minute to find out!o:))

Physics news on Phys.org
I put an income of $50k us because that's the starting pay for engineers and I am at 98%. This is lame Lisa. I hate you.

cyrusabdollahi said:
I put an income of $50k us because that's the starting pay for engineers and I am at 98%. This is lame Lisa. I hate you.

That's 0.98 % , dear! You need to see your doctor!:wink:

How come I earn nothing and I'm the richest person in the world? This is insane :tongue:

Kurdt said:
How come I earn nothing and I'm the richest person in the world? This is insane :tongue:

Those who're satisfied with what they have are the richest people in the world! Note to mention that they don't get anywhere in their lives.:tongue:

I think it was picking on me because it recognised I was from the UK, and has been poorly designed so that even though I earn less than the bottom 0.8% it still thinks I'm rich. :biggrin:

If I didn't have a dime, I'd still be the richest person in the world. The site equates income with wealth, even though these are two different concepts. For example:

site said:
DID YOU KNOW..?
The world's 225 richest people now have a combined wealth of $1 trillion. That's equal to the
combined annual income of the world's 2.5 billion poorest people

Last edited:
I cannot access the link of the OP. However, being asked "How rich I am", I would say that I am happily rich.

"You're in the TOP 0.49% richest people in the world!"

Still kind of a pointless argument, though. I'm aware that my money would have greater purchasing power in an Angolan village. Unfortunately, I don't live in an Angolan village, and food costs $10 a meal here.

- Warren

It's not working for me.

You are the 107,565 richest person in the world! You're in the TOP 0.001%
richest people in the world!

Then I entered my last year's income which was a lot higher than this year and got the same result.

Good point. John, a friend of mine mustered out of the Air Force in Australia during the Viet Nam war. The terms of his separation entitled him to free air passage on Air Force planes on an available-space basis, as long as he was headed back to the states, and he showed up in Nepal with $500 in his pocket and stayed for a year. He told me that apart from the local rug-merchant, he was the richest man in town.

We already know you make an obscene amount of money, Evo. You're probably making the program have round-off errors. :rofl:

- Warren

Its like superman III, only the guys in real life got caught and went to jail.

chroot said:
We already know you make an obscene amount of money, Evo. You're probably making the program have round-off errors. :rofl:

- Warren
I notice they don't ask what you're expenses are.

Evo said:
I notice they don't ask what you're expenses are.

Isn't that sort of the point? You can control expenses even more easily than you can control income. It would be disingenous for you (or any other wealthy person) to claim that they somehow can't avoid those expenses.

- Warren

I have no idea what you are talking about, warren. I can't live without $65 surf and turf once a week.

russ_watters said:
I have no idea what you are talking about, warren. I can't live without $65 surf and turf once a week.
That's weekly groceries for my wife and me.

turbo-1 said:
That's weekly groceries for my wife and me.

Psst... sarcasm alert.

- Warren

He grows most of his own food or buys it from farmers market. I am sure it tastes better and costs less.

Heh, I put in my TA salary, which is about 17.5k before taxes when combined with my summer RA salary. Apparently I'm in the top 11.69%. Makes sense, since I'm making more money than I ever have before.

cyrusabdollahi said:
He grows most of his own food or buys it from farmers market. I am sure it tastes better and costs less.
No, I'm a non-vegetarian. I only eat meat. I have a small heard of cattle and a bunch of calves chained-up in my basement. I eat about one a week... With no family, though, a lot of it just goes to waste. :frown:

53,884,514 people are richer than I am, and they want ME to donate money? Fine, I'll get in line. I'll be the 53,884,515th person.

chroot said:
Psst... sarcasm alert.

- Warren
Sorry, reality alert, with poorly-developed sense of foolishness.

Evo said:
It's not working for me.

Then I entered my last year's income which was a lot higher than this year and got the same result.

It doesn't seem to refresh on its own. Maybe try reloading the entire page for each query?

russ_watters said:
No, I'm a non-vegetarian. I only eat meat.
I believe the technical term is meatetarian. For myself, I am a humanitarian.

Evo said:
Uh. Holy #$%* you make a lot of money. Are you a CEO or something?

It's the chocolate. She eats rich chocolate.

I'm in the top 1%.

However, many people in the world live on a $1 a day or less, so I entered $365 to see what message they would get.

You are the 5,460,000,000richest person in the world!

How do you feel about that? A bit richer we hope. Richer and ready to give some of your newly found wealth to those who need it most. It not hard - just slip your hand in your pocket and pull out something special. Something that can help redress the balance - and also make you feel uncommonly good. Many peoples lives could be happier if you donated just one hour's salary (approx $0.19 - UK estimate).

At $101 a year, the only change was:

Many peoples lives could be happier if you donated just one hour's salary (approx $0.05 - UK estimate).

At $100 a year, the website finally quit asking for donations:

You are the 591,257,142,8.6richest person in the world!

Poor countries lose around £1.3 billion everyday as a direct result of trade policies that put profits before people.

People whose lives could be dramatically improved or even saved if global trade rules were made fairer.

By working together - through Make Poverty History we can help make the difference between poverty and prosperity for millions of people.

This is a crucial time to campaign for trade justice. The World Trade Organisation - one of the main organisations governing international trade - holds its biennial summit on 13-18 December 2005, in Hong Kong.
Apparently, the program becomes so astounded by true poverty that it can no longer properly place its commas.

Last edited:
It told me I made over $8,200.00 per hour by UK standards. :rofl: I input my income as US dollars. I think at a certain point it can no longer calculate.

Evo said:
It told me I made over $8,200.00 per hour by UK standards. :rofl: I input my income as US dollars. I think at a certain point it can no longer calculate.

You're supposed to enter your annual income, not your hourly income.

Did you happen to enter the cents? Do you make over $15 million per year?

The program is limited. It only recognizes numbers, not decimal points. If you make $1000.00 a year, you rank in the top 1%. If you make $1000 a year, you rank in the top 44%. And the UK estimate means your hourly wage is based on the standard British work week. I think they get a lot more holidays than American, hence the seemingly high hourly wage. Of course, they pay outrageously high taxes, too, so $8200 an hour isn't all it's cracked up to be.

Then again, making $8200 a year puts a person in the top 14%.

Last edited:
Evo said:

Well, all I know is that entering $240,000 US gets the same results as Evo did.

And I was just wondering if the position of "kept man" was still available.

DaveC426913 said:
Well, all I know is that entering $240,000 US gets the same results as Evo did.

And I was just wondering if the position of "kept man" was still available.

:rofl:

Expenses far exceed my income. Two girls in college and an eldery sick mother. I'm broke.

chroot said:
Isn't that sort of the point? You can control expenses even more easily than you can control income. It would be disingenous for you (or any other wealthy person) to claim that they somehow can't avoid those expenses.

- Warren

If you cut down on your expenses, depending on what industry you're in, it would probably mean you hurt your income more as new business does not take you seriously.

And anyway the programme cuts off at about $210,000 a year and also it doesn't let you be poorer than 92%.

Evo said:
Expenses far exceed my income. Two girls in college and an eldery sick mother. I'm broke.
Any of those girls single? I've got a 25-year-old bestudded biker-wannabe troglodite who needs a life.:biggrin:

<h2>1. How does the "Find Out How Rich You Are in 1 Minute!" tool work?</h2><p>The tool uses a complex algorithm that takes into account your income, assets, and debt to determine your net worth. It then compares your net worth to the average net worth of people in your age group and location.</p><h2>2. Is the tool accurate?</h2><p>The tool is accurate to the best of its ability based on the information you provide. However, it is important to note that it is only an estimation and may not reflect your exact net worth.</p><h2>3. Can I trust the results of the tool?</h2><p>The tool uses reliable data and calculations to determine your net worth. However, it is always a good idea to double-check the information you provide and make sure it is up-to-date and accurate.</p><h2>4. What factors does the tool consider when calculating net worth?</h2><p>The tool takes into account your income, assets such as savings, investments, and property, as well as your debt, including loans and credit card balances.</p><h2>5. Can I use the tool multiple times to track my net worth?</h2><p>Yes, you can use the tool as many times as you'd like to track your net worth. However, keep in mind that your net worth may fluctuate based on changes in your income, assets, and debt.</p>

1. How does the "Find Out How Rich You Are in 1 Minute!" tool work?

The tool uses a complex algorithm that takes into account your income, assets, and debt to determine your net worth. It then compares your net worth to the average net worth of people in your age group and location.

2. Is the tool accurate?

The tool is accurate to the best of its ability based on the information you provide. However, it is important to note that it is only an estimation and may not reflect your exact net worth.

3. Can I trust the results of the tool?

The tool uses reliable data and calculations to determine your net worth. However, it is always a good idea to double-check the information you provide and make sure it is up-to-date and accurate.

4. What factors does the tool consider when calculating net worth?

The tool takes into account your income, assets such as savings, investments, and property, as well as your debt, including loans and credit card balances.

5. Can I use the tool multiple times to track my net worth?

Yes, you can use the tool as many times as you'd like to track your net worth. However, keep in mind that your net worth may fluctuate based on changes in your income, assets, and debt.