1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

How study hard in three weeks ?

1. Nov 19, 2009 #1
    I have one test and i need to study classical mechanics , electromagnetism , statistical mechanics and quantum mechanics, anyone have some tips for maximize the time ??

2. jcsd
  3. Nov 19, 2009 #2
    I hear, and I forget. I see, and I remember. I do, and I understand.
    One must learn by doing the thing; for though you think you know it, you have no certainty, until you try.

4. Nov 19, 2009 #3

whs

I'll state the obvious: Don't waste time about posting how to save time here?

5. Nov 22, 2009 #4
    A famous psychologist says we must not dwell on future and the expected power prestige .. in one word the results. We must give more importance to our work. You seem to be very anxious about your exam .Relax. There is a concept called flow in which a person gets completely immersed in his work... forgetting about time, oneself, and all personal problems. For that you have to think only about the work at hand and not on other things( while actually sitting down and preparing for it). If you enjoy your subjects you will study day and night and believe me there will be no pain. Learn for learning, not for exam and getting good marks. I have seen coders coding 2 days not sleeping.. and how is that possible cause they are addicted to coding!

6. Nov 22, 2009 #5

For each subject make a rough assessment about what you defintely do understand about the theory and what you definitely do not understand yet. You then select difficult problems for the parts you already understand the theory and you start reading the books/lecture notes on the parts you don't understand the heory well. For those parts you should only attempt the easy problems for the moment.

When you are done studying the parts you don't understand yet, you have to do difficult practice problems for those parts.

You can also post in the forums here for help with problems/theory. We can also suggest some difficult practice problems for you to do.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook