How to analyze harmonic data ?

In summary, a graduate student in Jordan is working on a project about harmonic studies in a university hospital and has obtained data from a power analyzer. The data includes harmonics voltages and currents up to the 25th harmonic and RMS data for currents, voltages, power, reactive power, and power factor. The student is seeking guidance on how to decrease harmonics in the hospital and what conclusions can be drawn from the data. There are two main ways to reduce harmonics: removing sources of distortion or using filters. However, more in-depth study is needed for a comprehensive understanding. A helpful resource to start with is provided.
sharif90
good afternoon

I am a graduate student in Jordan and i am working on my graduation project about harmonic studies in our university hospital and I've got data from power analyzer
-all harmonics voltages and currents until 25th harmonic (sampling every 1 min).
-all rms data currents ,voltages ,power, reactive power and power factor.

i want your help to guide me of what analysis i can do to decrease the harmonics in our hospital and what conclusion i can take from this data thank you and please reply ASAP

Regards

Engineering news on Phys.org
Your question is very broad. It is like asking a doctor, "How can I improve the health of patients?"

There are really only two ways to reduce harmonics: Remove the sources of harmonic distortion, or filter the harrmonics. Filters can be either shunt types that divert the harmonics to ground, or series types that impede the flow of harmonics.

But you need much more information than can be given in an Internet post. You need in-depth study. Here is one place to start.

https://www.wateronline.com/doc/harmonics-reduction-methods-0001

1. What is harmonic data and why is it important to analyze?

Harmonic data refers to a type of data that contains multiple periodic components at different frequencies. It is important to analyze because it can reveal patterns and relationships between the different components, providing insights into underlying processes and behaviors.

2. What are the common techniques used for analyzing harmonic data?

Some common techniques for analyzing harmonic data include Fourier analysis, wavelet analysis, and spectral analysis. These methods involve breaking down the data into its individual frequency components and examining their characteristics.

3. How do I determine the dominant frequencies in a set of harmonic data?

To determine the dominant frequencies in harmonic data, you can use techniques such as power spectral density, which calculates the power of each frequency component. The frequencies with the highest power are considered the dominant frequencies.

4. Can I use statistical methods to analyze harmonic data?

Yes, statistical methods can be used to analyze harmonic data. For example, regression analysis can be used to model the relationship between different frequency components, and ANOVA can be used to compare the means of different frequency groups.

5. How can I visualize harmonic data for better understanding?

There are various ways to visualize harmonic data, such as line plots, bar charts, and scatter plots. You can also use specialized plots such as spectrograms or periodograms to visualize the frequency components over time. These visualizations can help identify patterns and trends in the data.