How to attach picture to private massage

• Thread starter Sophia
  • Start date
In summary, the best way to attach a picture to a private massage is by using a file-sharing platform and sharing the link in the massage. Multiple pictures can also be attached either through a platform or individually. Most platforms support various file formats, but it is best to check beforehand. There may be size limitations, so compressing large pictures is recommended. It is also possible to preview the attached picture before sending the massage.
Sophia
Hi,
I know how to attach a picture to a post but I'm unable to do so in a private message.
Copy-paste or dragging doesn't work and I don't see a button for that, either.
When I copy paste I see the picture when writing but it doesn't appear in the sent message.

I use firefox on Linux.
Thanks

Physics news on Phys.org
Greg Bernhardt said:
At this time only Gold members are allowed attachments in conversations
Oh I see, thank you for the answer

Likes Greg Bernhardt

What is the best way to attach a picture to a private massage?

The best way to attach a picture to a private massage is to use a file-sharing platform, such as Google Drive or Dropbox. Upload the picture to the platform and share the link in the massage.

Can I attach multiple pictures to a private massage?

Yes, you can attach multiple pictures to a private massage by either uploading them to a file-sharing platform or attaching them individually to the massage.

What file formats are supported for attaching pictures to private massages?

Typically, most file-sharing platforms support a wide range of file formats, including JPG, PNG, GIF, and PDF. However, it is always best to check the platform's file format support beforehand.

Are there any size limitations for attaching pictures to private massages?

Yes, there may be size limitations for attaching pictures to private massages, as it depends on the file-sharing platform or messaging system being used. It is recommended to compress large pictures before attaching them to ensure they can be easily sent and downloaded.

Is there a way to preview the attached picture before sending the private massage?

Yes, most file-sharing platforms and messaging systems allow for a preview of the attached picture before sending the massage. This ensures that the correct picture has been attached and can be viewed by the recipient.