Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

How to be a man

1. Jan 23, 2007 #1

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Super-size me Burger King!!! I want to be a man and eat crap.

Real men have cardiac events. :biggrin:

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 25, 2014
  2. jcsd
  3. Jan 23, 2007 #2

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I'm afraid to look at the link. That movie "Super Size Me" was on TV recently, and I could only watch a very short part of it before it made me sick and I turned it off.

4. Jan 23, 2007 #3

Gokul43201

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

You haven't seen this commercial on TV?

Incidentally, it's a parody of the Helen Reddy hit, I am woman.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=ujzEfyBpGBo

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 25, 2014
  5. Jan 23, 2007 #4

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I'm pretty sure that isn't Helen Reddy in the back seat.

6. Jan 23, 2007 #5

russ_watters

Staff: Mentor

Men shouldn't sing and dance to choreography. Other than that....gotta locate my nearest Burger King tomorrow....

7. Jan 23, 2007 #6

russ_watters

Staff: Mentor

That guy soooo missed the point. McDonalds should buy La Fitness - that's how guys work. They can't stop themselves from eating the crap, but they can't stand to look at their guts in the mirror so they go to the gym to work it off.

8. Jan 24, 2007 #7

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I can't say I know for certain what the point was. I mean, I know what other people say the point was, but since I only watched until about meal 2 or day 2 (not sure which it was) when he started vomiting up the meal he had just eaten, and the camera actually panned to the pile of vomit. I decided there was no reason at all to continue watching.

But....:rofl: It's not just guys who do that. One of my friends was talking about an ice cream place in town yesterday, and someone asked her how much further she has to run after she eats there. Yep, indulge in the ice cream, but then go running to work it all back off. :rolleyes: Oh, that's the difference...women won't do the extra workout for Burger King, they'll only do it for chocolate. Different standards of what sort of fat is worth the extra effort of burning it off. :biggrin:

9. Jan 24, 2007 #8

Kurdt

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Its so much easier if you enjoy fruit. Theres only 50 odd calories in an apple. I can work that off sitting here on my butt just breathing :biggrin:

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?