Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

How To Be a Wizard?

1. Jun 10, 2012 #1
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&feature=endscreen&v=QlfMsZwr8rc

Hi, I'm wondering if anyone knows how to do the trick that Hydrick did in this video (turning the pages), or any other ways of faking supernatural powers. I know Hydrick was "just blowing" but try it yourself: get a phone book and blow on the pages. It's not going to give you a result anything like that. Does anyone know specifically what to do to make this happen? Or ways of faking any other powers?

Thanks ;)

2. jcsd
  3. Jun 10, 2012 #2

Chi Meson

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

I'd tell you except I'd never be able to get another gig.
    alliance-photo.jpg

4. Jun 10, 2012 #3

Danger

Gold Member

Think... Bernoulli...

5. Jun 10, 2012 #4
    Well, I tried it. I opened a book and mentally repeated "Bernoulli" about a hundred times. No pages turned.

6. Jun 11, 2012 #5

Pythagorean

Gold Member

I put on my robe and wizard hat...

7. Jun 11, 2012 #6
    I think Randi said that Hydrick had trained for several years to make it happen. I'll grant that extraordinary powers after extensive preparation in mundane circumstances are capable of producing something magical. I have to wonder, though, if magicians more often than not tell us a fake secret to a trick.

8. Jun 14, 2012 #7
    Or not the whole story such as taking a drinking straw and making it up to look like a pencil.

9. Jun 15, 2012 #8
    I'm a wizard in diablo 3.

10. Jun 20, 2012 #9
    He turned on a fan?

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook