Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

How to be more in PF

1. May 14, 2016 #1
    Hello PF
    I have been on the forums for almost a year and i love it and that's why i wanted to become more but how do i do that ... how to become more helpfull and have titles in the community?

2. jcsd
  3. May 14, 2016 #2

Astronuc

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor

I presume one is referring to Science Advisors, Homework Helpers and Insights Authors. These folks achieved their status through participation and posting reliable and quality content.

4. May 14, 2016 #3

blue_leaf77

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

You joined in November 2015.
    One of several ways is to set your own goal, e.g. mastering special relativity. If you are determined enough, it will force you to improve yourself by every possible tools, and then challenge your understanding by trying to answer questions here.

5. May 14, 2016 #4
    Okey sir thanks

6. May 14, 2016 #5
    Thanks sir

7. May 14, 2016 #6
    do you need the jewels? do you need the rank of general? are the interesting discussions not enough for you? Think about the science , other things will follow

8. May 14, 2016 #7
    All i want is to help more , but everytime i search i find only a small amount of unanswered threats and mostly their subject is beyond my knowledge. So how can i do a change even with the high school degree i have.

9. May 14, 2016 #8

Nidum

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Open a thread on a topic which interests you but which you don't know much about . Probe the subject by posting your own searching questions . Good questions stimulate discussion .

10. May 14, 2016 #9

strangerep

Science Advisor

It would be better if you concentrated on increasing the breadth and depth of your own knowledge. E.g., pick an area of physics which interests you and get a good textbook on that subject (i.e., maybe ask in the Academic Guidance forum for recommendations). Then work through the textbook, pencil-in-hand -- by which I mean: do the exercises. Ask in the Homework Forums if you get stuck.

Then repeat the above until there's nothing left to learn... :oldwink:

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted