1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

How to Build a Boomilver

1. Jan 16, 2008 #1
    Hi,
    I am a high school student and for a class projecI have to build a boomilever. Except for the atachment base I can only use wood and glue. Any type of glue can be used. Inculding gussets, it must be constructed of wood no longer than 1/4 inch high and 1/4 inch wide in cross-section. If dowels are used, they may not have a diameter greater than 1/4 inch. There is no limit on the length of idividual wood pieces used in the construction.The entire attachment base may not exceed 30cm x 20cm 1/2 inch thick and permanently attached to boomilever. When mounted to the testing wall no part the of the attachment base may extend farther than 1/2 inch from the wall.

I would greatly appreciate help/tips on building this boomilever, this is my first time and i will be graded on efficiency.

2. jcsd
  3. Jan 16, 2008 #2

FredGarvin

Science Advisor

First, do a quick search. There have been a few threads already on this topic. See where that takes you and then come back with more questions.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook