A How to calculate the second fundamental form of a submanifold?

Hi, I'm trying to calculate the second fundamental form of a circle as the boundary (submanifold) of a spherical cap. I'm not sure if I'm doing it right. Is it possible to do that without parametrize the manifolds?

I wrote the parametrization of the spherical cap (which is the same as the sphere, with different range for the angles, $0 < u \leq 2 \pi$ and $0 < v \leq arccos((r-h)/r)$.) and then I took v=arccos((r-h)/r) to get a parametrization, $X$, of the boundary. I wrote the second fundamental form as II = <-dX, dN>, where N is the unity normal to the boundary. I got zero as answer. Is it right?

Is there a way to get a different result (different metric, for example)? How can I do this?

Thank you.

Thanks for the thread! This is an automated courtesy bump. Sorry you aren't generating responses at the moment. Do you have any further information, come to any new conclusions or is it possible to reword the post? The more details the better.