Stop Notifications from Topic in General Discussion

• Thread starter morrobay
  • Start date
In summary, to stop receiving notifications from a specific topic in the General Discussion section, click on the "Unsubscribe" button next to the topic title. You can also stop notifications from multiple topics at once by selecting them in the "My Subscriptions" tab and clicking on the "Unsubscribe Selected" button. Unsubscribing does not prevent you from viewing or participating in the discussions for those topics. To re-subscribe, click on the "Subscribe" button. You can also customize your notification settings for specific topics by clicking on the "Edit Subscription" button.
morrobay
Gold Member
How can I stop notifications from a topic in general discussions ? I once replied in this particular topic, but not interested in being notified each time there is a new reply.

Physics news on Phys.org
Go to the top of the thread and click the unwatch button.

Likes morrobay

1. How do I stop receiving notifications from a specific topic in the General Discussion?

To stop receiving notifications from a specific topic in the General Discussion, you can click on the topic and look for the "Unsubscribe" or "Stop notifications" button. Click on this button and you will no longer receive notifications for that particular topic.

2. Will I still be able to see the topic in the General Discussion if I unsubscribe from its notifications?

Yes, you will still be able to see the topic in the General Discussion even if you unsubscribe from its notifications. Unsubscribing only stops the notifications from appearing in your inbox, but you can still access the topic on the forum.

3. Can I customize which notifications I receive from a specific topic in the General Discussion?

Unfortunately, at this time, there is no option to customize the notifications you receive from a specific topic in the General Discussion. You can either receive all notifications or unsubscribe completely.

4. How can I view all the topics I have unsubscribed from in the General Discussion?

To view all the topics you have unsubscribed from in the General Discussion, you can go to your profile settings and look for the "Subscriptions" tab. Here, you will see a list of all the topics you have unsubscribed from.

5. Is there a way to temporarily stop notifications from a specific topic in the General Discussion?

No, there is currently no option to temporarily stop notifications from a specific topic in the General Discussion. You can either receive all notifications or unsubscribe completely. However, you can always re-subscribe to the topic if you wish to start receiving notifications again.