How to change the tags ( artist, genre, etc. ) of a song?

In summary, the conversation discusses the issue of incorrect song tags and the desire to change them on a PC. The suggestion is made to use Windows Media Player or other software such as MP3tag to edit the tags. It is also mentioned that right-clicking on the MP3 file and selecting Properties can also allow for tag changes.
Prof.gaming
Some of my songs are not taged correctly , so I wanted to change their tags on my pc . I remember I could've edit the tags in nokia e75 and I had managed to sort my music library more easily . So , I want to ask as if there's any way that I can change the tags of a song ?

Computer science news on Phys.org
I'm not 100% sure it is changing what you want to change, but in winamp you can access file info and change what is there.

Try mp3tag.

You don't need any special software on Windows. Just right-click over the MP3 file and select Properties.

To save each field that you type into, you must move the cursor to another field (before closing the Window).

Rectifier said:
Try mp3tag.
I use this as well, it does a good job (and its free).
I can't remember if it's only for windows PC though.

1. How do I change the artist name of a song?

To change the artist name of a song, you will need to use a music editing software like iTunes or Audacity. Open the song in the software and select the "Get Info" option. From there, you can edit the artist name in the "Artist" field and save the changes.

2. Can I change the genre of a song?

Yes, you can change the genre of a song using a music editing software. In iTunes, you can select the song and click on "Get Info". In the "Info" tab, you can edit the genre in the "Genre" field and save the changes. In Audacity, you can select the song and go to "File" > "Edit Metadata" > "Genre" to make changes.

3. How do I change the album name of a song?

To change the album name of a song, you can use a music editing software like iTunes or Audacity. In iTunes, select the song and click on "Get Info". In the "Info" tab, you can edit the album name in the "Album" field and save the changes. In Audacity, you can select the song and go to "File" > "Edit Metadata" > "Album" to make changes.

4. What if I want to change multiple tags at once?

If you want to change multiple tags at once, you can use a bulk tag editor like MP3Tag. This software allows you to edit multiple tags for multiple songs at once. Simply select the songs you want to edit, right-click, and choose "Edit tags" to make changes to the artist, genre, album, and other tags.

5. Will changing the tags affect the quality of the song?

No, changing the tags of a song will not affect the quality of the audio. Tags are simply metadata that provide information about the song. As long as you do not make any changes to the actual audio file, the quality will remain the same.