How to choose where to publish?

• Thread starter Oxygenne
  • Start date
In summary: This is because my boss is not the person to ask us about us and he is asking others about ask, so I do not want to ask my colleagues about this as they can say to him about our discussion and he knows we have different opinion on this.Not always the situation is excellent but better in this lab than jobless.
Oxygenne
What should be better journal to publish
Royal Chemical Society Journals (eg Physical Chemistry Chemical Physics ) or Materials Science Forum (Trans Tech Publications)?
Thank you!

Physics news on Phys.org
The journal with the highest impact factor?

Oxygenne said:
What should be better journal to publish
Royal Chemical Society Journals (eg Physical Chemistry Chemical Physics ) or Materials Science Forum (Trans Tech Publications)?
Thank you!

This question has as much meaning as my question here:

"What color suits me better - purple or pink?"

If you say that it depends on my skin complexion, other outfit am I wearing, etc.. etc., then BINGO!

Furthermore, shouldn't someone within your collaboration (or your supervisor/boss) would have a clue on where to publish? They certainly would know more than strangers on an internet forum!

Zz.

I second what ZapperZ says, of course.

The reason we cannot possibly answer your question is that it depends on a number of things - not least of all the content in your paper. You want to (presumably) maximize the chances the paper will be accepted and published. Then, if you submit to a journal that isn't known for carrying your type of work you're in the wrong place.

Are you a grad student or? Like Zapper says, someone you are working with should know where to submit to.

eXorikos said:
The journal with the highest impact factor?

this is what i would like to do but I do not know how to find which of those has an higher impact factor.
Thank you!

Oxygenne said:
this is what i would like to do but I do not know how to find which of those has an higher impact factor.
Thank you!

Ask a librarian. That's what they get paid to do.

It is still puzzling that you do not have anyone at your institution or collaborators who you can ask.

Zz.

Also if you don't have people that go through the paper to critique and edit it, it's extremely unlikely that it's going to get published anywhere.

ZapperZ said:
It is still puzzling that you do not have anyone at your institution or collaborators who you can ask.
Zz.

This is because my boss is not the person to ask us about us and he is asking others about ask, so I do not want to ask my colleagues about this as they can say to him about our discussion and he knows we have different opinion on this.
Not always the situation is excellent but better in this lab than jobless.

twofish-quant said:
Also if you don't have people that go through the paper to critique and edit it, it's extremely unlikely that it's going to get published anywhere.
I will do this! Thank you!

How is the impact factor 1.742?
Thank you!

1. What factors should I consider when choosing a journal to publish in?

When choosing a journal to publish in, you should consider the journal's reputation and impact factor, relevance to your research topic, audience, publication fees, and open access policies.

2. How do I know if a journal is reputable?

You can determine a journal's reputation by researching its impact factor, which measures the average number of citations received per article. You can also check if the journal is indexed in commonly used databases, such as Web of Science or Scopus.

3. What is the difference between an open access journal and a traditional journal?

An open access journal allows anyone to access and read the published articles for free, while a traditional journal may require a subscription or payment to access the full text. Open access journals also typically have different publication fees and may have different peer review processes.

4. How important is the journal's audience when considering where to publish?

The journal's audience is important to consider because it will determine the reach and impact of your research. If your target audience is in a specific field or industry, you may want to choose a journal that caters to that audience to increase the visibility and relevance of your work.

5. Can I publish in multiple journals simultaneously?

No, it is generally not acceptable to publish the same research in multiple journals simultaneously. This is considered self-plagiarism and can result in your work being retracted. However, you can publish different research articles on the same topic in different journals.