Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

How to compute a tri-coherence

1. Jun 30, 2014 #1
    Dear all,

I have time-series data, from which I would like to compute the tricoherence. After some googling, it seems that I will have to write my own code. But before I begin, let me ask this.

Do anyone here know of a code, library (fortran, c), module (python, matlab, IDL, mathematica) or software to compute a tri-coherence?

Thank you!

2. jcsd
  3. Jun 30, 2014 #2

olivermsun

Science Advisor

Not just the bicoherence, but the tricoherence?

4. Jun 30, 2014 #3
    Yes indeed, tri, not bi.

5. Jun 30, 2014 #4

olivermsun

Science Advisor

I see. I don't know of such a package offhand, but this is specialized enough that you might want to code it yourself anyway, just to be sure what is going into your calculation.

Out of curiosity, what sort of problem are you working on (if you wouldn't mind sharing)?

6. Jun 30, 2014 #5
    You're right, I'd better code it anyway. But a package would be helpful to benchmark against my own code.

Sorry, I can't share my project before we have some paper out. I'll try to answer to you in a few months.

7. Jun 30, 2014 #6

olivermsun

Science Advisor

Ok. I suggest using processing synthetic data as the best benchmark. Well good luck!

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook