1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

How to convert Celsius to Fahrenheit

1. Aug 13, 2005 #1
    Can someone tell me how to convert:
    1]Celcius to Faranheit
    2]Faranheit to Celcius
    3]Kilograms to Pounds and vice versa
    4]Inches to Centimetresand vice versa
    5]Yards to metres and vice versa
    6]KILOMETRES TO MILES and vice versa
    and any other conversions you know of: :cool: :cool:

One more Question:
    1]What is the difference between speed and velocity.
    2]What is the difference gravity and acceleration.
    3]What is the difference Luxons and photons
    4]What is the difference Terdyons and Techyons
    and any other differences you can think of: :cool: :cool:

Last edited: Aug 13, 2005
  2. jcsd
  3. Aug 13, 2005 #2

HallsofIvy

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor

All of those look like things you are expected to look up in your textbook. That's a lot better practice than having someone tell you the answers! Did you read the "sticky" post labeled "read this first"?

A general rule is "try first and show us what yo have tried." In each of these there isn't a whole lot to do. As I said before- look them up.

4. Aug 13, 2005 #3

TD

Homework Helper

This link should help you with all, and plenty more: Wikipedia: Conversion of units

1) I believe we use 'speed' to indicate the magnitude of the velocity. So if the velocity is v, the speed is |v|
    2) Gravity is the force as a result of attraction between two masses. Acceleration is, more general, the rate of change of velocity, so dv/dt.
    3) Luxons are particles which travel at the speed of light, a photon is one of them.
    4) I only know the "Tachyons", so can't help you here.

5. Aug 13, 2005 #4
    yeah, many, the whole internet is full of those things. To get the answers, you should be a little bit energetic than a Dodo :zzz:

6. Aug 13, 2005 #5
    I had posted this in another forum. But it was moved over here.So I didn't read what was written here. anyway. Thanks.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?