Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

How to delete Command Service?

1. Jan 4, 2008 #1

JasonRox

Homework Helper
    Gold Member

How do you get rid of this thing?!

It's sucking up all my computer power! It's freaking annoying.

Spybot can't get rid of it fully even after restarting the computer. I tried the whole search through the hard drive for Command Service but it doesn't find anything under that name. I tried the Add/Remove program but it doesn't show underneath it either.

I know it's still on my computer because it's sucking up all my computer power (about 90% of it!) under cmd.exe and it still shows up in the SpyBot search but it can't get rid of the whole thing.

HELP ME!

2. jcsd
  3. Jan 4, 2008 #2

turbo

Gold Member

Google on the name. There are spyware removal tools that claim to be 100% effective at removing it.

4. Jan 4, 2008 #3

ranger

Gold Member

Jason, try following these instructions:
    http://www.elephantboycomputers.com/page2.html#Removing_Malware

Someone who had a rogue cmd.exe had success using the above link.

In the future, it would be good to have a live virus scanner, such as Avast! running in the background. And the firefox web browser with the NoScript extension would be a good idea. A lot of harm can be done to your computer by scripts that run when you load a webpage. NoScript tries to mitigate these issues.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?