How can I describe techniques for estimating compound purity?

• Thread starter xkieth
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation discusses a student's difficulty in completing an assignment due to being sick and not having notes from a classmate. The assignment requires writing notes on techniques for estimating compound purity, specifically chromatography, titrations, and melting point. The student asks for help finding resources and the other person suggests using a textbook or searching online. The conversation ends with a reminder that effort is necessary for success.
xkieth

Homework Statement

Its because I was sick, and wasn't able to get notes from my classmate(cuz their that bad and selfish)... The assignment states

"Write notes describing how the purity of compounds can be estimated using the following techniques: chromatography, titrations and melting point."

The Attempt at a Solution

I tried finding keywords google, but links would be ok for me too, I would appreciate the help...

Physics news on Phys.org
Do you not have a textbook?

Can you not google "determination purity chromatography (or titration or melting point)"?

Of course if you don't try to do anything you get exactly what your effort deserves.

1. How do I effectively describe a scientific experiment?

The key to effectively describing a scientific experiment is to provide a clear and concise summary of the purpose, methods, and results. Start by outlining the research question or hypothesis, then describe the materials and methods used to conduct the experiment. Next, explain the results and any significant findings or conclusions. It's important to use precise language and avoid personal opinions or biases when describing the experiment.

2. What is the best way to describe a scientific process?

When describing a scientific process, it's important to provide a step-by-step explanation of how the process works. Use clear and concise language, avoiding technical jargon if possible. Visual aids such as diagrams or flowcharts can also be helpful in describing the process. Make sure to include any relevant data or findings that support the process and explain how it is significant in the scientific field.

3. How do you describe a scientific concept or theory?

Describing a scientific concept or theory requires a thorough understanding of the subject matter. Start by defining the concept or theory in simple terms, then provide a detailed explanation of how it works and its significance in the scientific community. Use examples and real-world applications to help clarify the concept or theory and make it easier for others to understand.

4. What should be included when describing a scientific observation?

When describing a scientific observation, it's important to provide details such as the date, time, location, and any other relevant variables. Be specific and use descriptive language to accurately convey what was observed. It's also important to note any patterns or trends that were observed and explain their significance in the context of the scientific field.

5. How can I effectively describe scientific data?

To effectively describe scientific data, it's important to first organize and analyze the data to identify any patterns or trends. Use tables, charts, or graphs to present the data in a clear and visually appealing manner. When describing the data, be sure to include any important statistics or findings and explain their significance. Avoid making assumptions or drawing conclusions that are not supported by the data.