1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

How to determine cost function (I really need help on this !)

1. Dec 5, 2004 #1
    Ok here is the problem...
    A truck burns fuel at the rate of G(x) gallons per mile, while traveling x miles per hour....Where ..

[tex] G(x) = \frac {1} {32} \left(\frac {64}{x} + \frac {x}{50} \right) [/tex]

a. Find the cost function C(x) if the truck takes a 400 mile trip. Assume that the cost of fuel is $1.60 per gallon.

b. What is the speed that will produce minimum cost on this trip?

Ok so....I know how to do this, i was told to find the cost function and then plug in 400 for the x value to find part (a) of the problem. Now for part (b), thats straight forward as well, but...what i need help with is to find C(x) so i can plug those values in. Do i find G' to get C(x)? please...please please!! help me. I have been trying to get help on this for 2 days now and no one has responded to my questions...its pretty frustrating....
  2. jcsd
  3. Dec 5, 2004 #2
    NEvermind...i figured it out myself...
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?