1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

How to determine quality?

1. Aug 9, 2009 #1
    untitled-5.jpg
    sorry if i posted this in wrong section..
    im having problem on where the value in the circle come from,can someone give me an answer or a hint.
    TQ
    100820091016.jpg

Last edited: Aug 9, 2009
  2. jcsd
  3. Aug 9, 2009 #2

Q_Goest

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper
    Gold Member

Re: Entrophy

Hi rojak. This should be in the engineering homework section.

Anyway, do you know how to determine quality? They give you entropy and they tell you the final fluid state is saturated. From the information on entropy and temperature, you should be able to determine the quality. They don't show you how to do that in the example.

Once you have quality, you should be able to determine the internal energy. Again, they don't show you how to do that, but perhaps you can figure it out now.

4. Aug 9, 2009 #3

thank for the reply ^ ^
    my english is not so good,here what i understand. find the quality x=(v-vf)/vfg, then substitute it in u=uf+xufg.
    im confuse now.. i only have mass of 1.5kg,how do i find the specific volume?
    v=V/m
    V=?

5. Aug 9, 2009 #4

thanks!! i understand now.. s1=s2..
    im using s to find the quality x=(s-sf)/sfg
    i got the answer now,thank you very much!

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook