Finding the Angle Between Vectors and Determining Their Plane

• Thread starter jkh4
  • Start date
In summary, to formulate a research question, you should choose a topic, narrow it down, and make sure it is clear and answerable through research. To conduct a literature review, identify relevant sources, analyze them, and synthesize the information. To design a research study, determine your question, select a method, and develop a research plan. To analyze data, organize and clean it, then choose appropriate methods and accurately interpret the results. To present findings, use formats such as a paper or presentation, clearly communicate the research question, methods, and results, and provide recommendations for future research.
jkh4
If you were given vector A times vector B equals -10 and vector A times vector B = ABcos(x), how do you find x? also what plane is vector A and vector B on?

Physics news on Phys.org
x = arc cos(-10/AB)
Translate vectors so that they touch each other, or intersect and they determin the plane they are in

To find x, you can use the inverse cosine function to solve for the angle between vector A and vector B. This can be done by dividing both sides of the equation ABcos(x) = -10 by AB, giving cos(x) = -10/AB. Taking the inverse cosine of both sides will give you the value of x.

The plane on which vector A and vector B lie can be determined by examining their components. If vector A and vector B have components in the x, y, and z directions, then they lie on a three-dimensional plane. If they only have components in the x and y directions, then they lie on a two-dimensional plane. The specific orientation of the plane can be determined by examining the direction of the components of vector A and vector B.

1. How do I formulate a research question?

To formulate a research question, start by identifying a topic that interests you and then narrow it down to a specific aspect or problem you want to explore. Make sure your question is clear, focused, and answerable through research.

2. How do I conduct a literature review?

To conduct a literature review, start by identifying relevant sources such as books, articles, and other publications. Then, read and critically analyze these sources, taking notes and organizing them into themes or categories. Finally, synthesize the information to address your research question.

3. How do I design a research study?

To design a research study, you need to determine your research question, select an appropriate research method (e.g. survey, experiment, case study), and develop a research plan including a sample size, data collection methods, and data analysis techniques.

4. How do I analyze data?

To analyze data, you first need to organize and clean the data, then choose the appropriate statistical or qualitative analysis methods for your research question. It is important to accurately interpret the results and draw conclusions based on the data.

5. How do I present my research findings?

To present research findings, you can use various formats such as a research paper, presentation, or poster. Make sure to clearly and concisely communicate your research question, methods, and results. Use visual aids and references to support your findings and provide recommendations for future research.