How to download math programs for ti 83 or the 83 plus?

• Thread starter Alem2000
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Programs
In summary, To download math programs for the TI 83 or 83 plus calculators, you need to use the TI GraphLink tool and software. Websites like www.ticalc.org offer a wide range of math programs for these calculators. The GraphLink can be purchased for around $15 at major electronics stores.
Alem2000
Hello page, does anyone here know how to download math programs for ti 83 or the 83 plus? Like how and where to plug it in?

Physics news on Phys.org
You probably asked this awhile ago but to download any sort of program for my TI calculators I use the TI GraphLink thing that comes with a little piece of software that connects the calculator to your computer. Websites such as www.ticalc.org host TONS of programs that are math related. The link I am talking about will set you back about 15 bucks if I remember right but it was well worth it because there's so many games for TI calculators as well.

http://education.ti.com/asiapacific/products/connectivity/connectivity.html

I found the GraphLink at most major electronics stores (Best Buy, Circuit City, outside chance of Radio Shack, etc)

Last edited by a moderator:

Downloading math programs for a TI 83 or 83 plus calculator is a fairly simple process. First, you will need to find the program you want to download. You can search online for math programs that are compatible with your calculator model. Once you have found a program you want to download, you will need to connect your calculator to your computer using a USB cable.

After connecting your calculator, you will need to open the TI Connect software on your computer. This software allows you to transfer files between your computer and calculator. Once the software is open, you can drag and drop the program file into the TI Connect window. The program will then be transferred to your calculator.

To access the program on your calculator, press the "PRGM" button and select "EXEC" to run the program. It's important to note that not all programs may work on your calculator, so be sure to check compatibility before downloading.

I hope this helps! Happy calculating!

1. How do I download a math program for my TI-83 or 83 Plus calculator?

To download a math program for your TI-83 or 83 Plus calculator, you will need to use a computer with a TI-83 or 83 Plus calculator link cable. Connect one end of the cable to your calculator and the other end to your computer's USB port. Then, download the program file onto your computer and use a program such as TI Connect or TI Connect CE to transfer the file to your calculator.

2. Can I download math programs for my TI-83 or 83 Plus calculator for free?

Yes, there are many websites and online communities that offer free math programs for TI-83 and 83 Plus calculators. These programs are typically created and shared by other calculator users and can be downloaded for free.

3. What types of math programs are available for TI-83 and 83 Plus calculators?

There are a wide variety of math programs available for TI-83 and 83 Plus calculators, including programs for algebra, geometry, trigonometry, calculus, statistics, and more. Some programs are designed to solve specific equations or problems, while others provide helpful tools for graphing and data analysis.

4. How do I know if a math program is compatible with my TI-83 or 83 Plus calculator?

Before downloading a math program, make sure to check the compatibility with your specific calculator model. Some programs may only work with TI-83 or TI-83 Plus calculators, while others may also be compatible with newer calculator models such as the TI-84 and 84 Plus.

5. Can I create my own math programs for my TI-83 or 83 Plus calculator?

Yes, if you have experience with programming and the TI-BASIC language, you can create your own math programs for your TI-83 or 83 Plus calculator. There are also online resources and communities available to help you learn and share your programs with others.