How to draw a block diagram of a discrete element with its impulse response

In summary, a person has a problem with an exercise sheet that requires drawing a block diagram based on a given impulse response. They believe the solution in the sheet is wrong and have drawn their own solution. Another person confirms that the exercise sheet should result in a 3-delay block diagram, which is what the first person has drawn.
Elias_HH
Homework Statement
Given is a discrete transfer element with response impulse, give

a) z-transfer function
b) difference equation
c) block diagram
Relevant Equations
N/A
Hello friends,

I have a problem with a exercise sheet. Given is the impulse response of a discret element. The task is to draw the block diagram. But I think that the solution in the sheet is wrong. Because based on the difference equation (Exercise.pdf) there should be 3 delay elements. I have drawn my solution (see Exercise.pdf). Can anyone tell me if I am right ?

Attachments

• Exercise.pdf
    253.6 KB · Views: 172
Physics news on Phys.org
Thank you. Yes, it looks like your solution is correct. The difference equation given in the exercise sheet should give a 3-delay block diagram, and it looks like that is what you have drawn. Good work!

1. What is a block diagram of a discrete element with its impulse response?

A block diagram of a discrete element with its impulse response is a graphical representation of a system that shows the input, output, and internal components of the system. It also includes the impulse response of the system, which is the output when a short burst of input is applied to the system.

2. Why is it important to draw a block diagram of a discrete element with its impulse response?

Drawing a block diagram of a discrete element with its impulse response allows for a better understanding of the system's behavior and performance. It also helps in analyzing and designing the system for specific requirements.

3. What are the components of a block diagram of a discrete element with its impulse response?

The components of a block diagram of a discrete element with its impulse response include the input, output, summing junctions, transfer functions, and feedback loops. These components are represented by blocks in the diagram and are connected by arrows to show the flow of signals.

4. How do you draw a block diagram of a discrete element with its impulse response?

To draw a block diagram of a discrete element with its impulse response, start by identifying the input and output of the system. Then, add the internal components of the system, such as summing junctions and transfer functions, and connect them with arrows to show the signal flow. Finally, include the impulse response of the system by adding a block that represents the response to a short input.

5. Can a block diagram of a discrete element with its impulse response be used for any system?

Yes, a block diagram of a discrete element with its impulse response can be used for any system, as long as the system can be represented by input, output, and internal components. It is a versatile tool that can be applied to various fields, including engineering, physics, and economics.