1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

How to face a data processig to apply swinging door algorithm to a irradiance time

1. Aug 15, 2012 #1
    How to face a data processig to apply "swinging door algorithm" to a irradiance time

1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data

I would like to obtain the relevant (irradiance change, time increment) pairs from a irradiance time serie that I have in Excel and Origin. One way to do that is making "swinging door" algortithm. I can do it by a slowly way and I would like to know if is there a easier one to do that

2. Relevant equations

The "swinging door" algorithm is described by Bristol, 1990

3. The attempt at a solution

I have started drawing the necessary lines on my data set, but I wonder if I can use some software to do that faster. Or if is there some other way to get these (irradiance change, time increment) pairs. Have I to do a programme, in matlab for example? (I don´t know a lot about matlab)

Last edited: Aug 15, 2012
  2. jcsd
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Can you offer guidance or do you also need help?