How to figure out the sufficient pressure pls?

In summary, the conversation discusses the task of releasing 400ml of hydraulic oil in 10 seconds from a 300mm height, 80mm diameter cylinder connected to a 2m length pipe. The density of the hydraulic oil is 900kg/m^3 and the desired vertical pressure needs to be determined by using Bernoulli's Principle and accounting for head losses. Iteration may be necessary to determine the required head for the desired flow rate.
kinki_ania
hi good day everyone,

Typically i have a 300mm height, 80mm diameter cylinder filled with 400ml hydraulic oil. It connected to 2m length pipe via 12mm diameter exit. Density of hydraulic oil is assumed to be 900kg/m^3. My task is to release the 400ml hydraulic oil in 10seconds. So in this case how could i figure out and measure the desired vertically pressure pls?! thanks in advanced :confused:kinki_ania@hotmail.com

Engineering news on Phys.org
kinki_ania said:
hi good day everyone,

Typically i have a 300mm height, 80mm diameter cylinder filled with 400ml hydraulic oil. It connected to 2m length pipe via 12mm diameter exit. Density of hydraulic oil is assumed to be 900kg/m^3. My task is to release the 400ml hydraulic oil in 10seconds. So in this case how could i figure out and measure the desired vertically pressure pls?! thanks in advanced :confused:kinki_ania@hotmail.com

Use Bernoulli's Principle and account for the head losses (pipe friction and minor losses) and determine the required head needed for the desired flow rate. It may take some iteration.

CS

okok.. thank for guiding me a bright way ahead.. let me try 1st..

1. How do I determine the appropriate pressure for a specific experiment or process?

The appropriate pressure for a specific experiment or process will depend on several factors such as the type of material being used, the desired outcome, and the equipment being used. It is important to consult relevant scientific literature and seek guidance from experienced researchers to determine the appropriate pressure for your specific experiment or process.

2. What are the units of measurement for pressure?

The most commonly used units of measurement for pressure are pascals (Pa) and atmospheres (atm). Other units include pounds per square inch (psi) and bar. It is important to use the correct units of measurement when working with pressure to ensure accuracy in your experiments.

3. How can I calculate the required pressure for a particular reaction?

The required pressure for a reaction can be calculated using the ideal gas law, which states that pressure is directly proportional to the number of moles, temperature, and volume of a gas. It is important to take into account all of these variables when calculating the required pressure for a reaction.

4. What is the difference between absolute pressure and gauge pressure?

Absolute pressure is the total pressure exerted by a gas, including atmospheric pressure. Gauge pressure, on the other hand, only measures the pressure above atmospheric pressure. Absolute pressure is typically used in scientific experiments, while gauge pressure is more commonly used in industrial settings.

5. How can I control and adjust pressure during an experiment?

There are several ways to control and adjust pressure during an experiment. One method is to use a pressure regulator or valve to regulate the flow of gas into the system. Additionally, adjusting the temperature or volume of the gas can also impact the pressure. It is important to carefully monitor and adjust pressure during an experiment to ensure accurate and reliable results.