How to find a short-term Visiting Position in Quantum Computation?

In summary, to find a short-term visiting position in the area of quantum computation, it is recommended to first read publications in the field and correspond with authors who have interesting papers. After establishing a personal relationship, ask them to suggest a visiting position to the chair of their department. It may also be helpful to reach out to international colleagues and inquire about potential visiting opportunities. Other options include contacting centers of theoretical physics or using the provided email address for further assistance.
cartuz
How to find a short-term Visiting Position in the area of Quantum Computation? I interesting to collaboration with other research groups.
One of my results is Probabilistic Simulation of entangled states and Quantum Computation. I have the computer's program for simulation of Qubits in Pascal.
But for the father progress of realization Quantum Algorithms on Probabilistic computer I hope to collaboration. As single researcher I need to collaborations and discussions before the publish. I work in the one of Russian Universities.

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
First thing to do is, of course, to read publications in the field. Correspond with the authors of papers you find interesting. After you have established a personal relationship with some of them, ask that they suggest, to the chair of their department, a visiting position.

HallsofIvy said:
First thing to do is, of course, to read publications in the field.
I know 3-4 colleagues on international Conferences.
HallsofIvy said:
Correspond with the authors of papers you find interesting.
They are asked me to send my program. I was send. They answer Thanks.
HallsofIvy said:
After you have established a personal relationship with some of them, ask that they suggest, to the chair of their department, a visiting position.
Are you meaning that I must to ask they about visiting? But they are not an administrators. They are researches and if they can, I think, they have been made. Because I don't ask they.
Is there another way? For example. What the name of Centers of Theoretical Physics can to address short-term visiting researchers?

Last edited:

1. How can I find short-term visiting positions in quantum computation?

There are several ways to find short-term visiting positions in quantum computation. One way is to attend conferences and networking events, where you can connect with researchers and potential hosts. Another way is to search online job boards and university websites for open positions. You can also reach out to professors or colleagues who may have connections or knowledge about available positions.

2. What qualifications do I need to secure a short-term visiting position in quantum computation?

Qualifications for short-term visiting positions in quantum computation vary depending on the specific position and host. Generally, having a strong background in quantum mechanics, computer science, and mathematics is important. Previous research experience and relevant publications can also make you a more competitive candidate.

3. How long do short-term visiting positions in quantum computation typically last?

The duration of short-term visiting positions in quantum computation can vary greatly, but they typically last from a few months to a year. Some positions may be as short as a few weeks, while others may last up to two years. It is important to clarify the duration of the position with the host before accepting the position.

4. Do I need to have a specific research project in mind when applying for a short-term visiting position in quantum computation?

Not necessarily. Some hosts may have specific projects or topics they are looking for assistance with, while others may be open to discussing potential projects with the visitor. It is always helpful to have a general understanding of your research interests and potential projects you would like to work on, but it is not always required.

5. Are short-term visiting positions in quantum computation paid?

It depends on the specific position and host. Some short-term visiting positions may offer a stipend or salary, while others may not provide any financial compensation. It is important to discuss the details of compensation with the host before accepting the position.