How to find density of the cylinde

• Thread starter westside
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Density
In summary, the individual is a senior high school student who is happy but misses their junior days, especially in chemistry. They are currently struggling with remembering how to find the density of a cylinder using the formula V=\pi r^2 h and are confused about whether or not to multiply r^2 by 2. They also mention the formula for density, D=m/v, and ask for help in finding the answer.
westside
Im a senior high school now and I am so happy. I miss junior days esp. chemistry.
My problem right now is..hmm.. i forgot how to get the density of the cylinder

V=2[tex]\pi[/tex]r2h
thats the formula of the cylinder right?
and I am confuse..
r2=0.200m ->do i have to multiply it 2 times?

thanks you peeps :)

Physics news on Phys.org
westside said:
Im a senior high school now and I am so happy. I miss junior days esp. chemistry.
My problem right now is..hmm.. i forgot how to get the density of the cylinder

V=2[tex]\pi[/tex]r2h
thats the formula of the cylinder right?

The volume of a cylinder is [itex] V=\pi r^2 h[/itex], where r2 means [itex]r\times r[/itex].

Copy!

For example
V= 10L
r2=0.200m
h=15
=3.14

And the answer is? formula of the density is D=m/v right? how to get it?

:(

westside said:
Copy!

For example
V= 10L
I presume L means litres.
r2=0.200m
h=15
=3.14

And the answer is? formula of the density is D=m/v right? how to get it?
Well, you could do with knowing the mass of the fluid in the cylinder (I'm just guessing that this is a cylinder with fluid in, mainly due to the L)

It would help if you wrote down the question exactly as worded in your textbook, or wherever it's coming from, to save me from having to guess!

1. What is the formula for finding the density of a cylinder?

The formula for finding the density of a cylinder is mass divided by volume. Density = mass/volume.

2. How do I measure the mass of a cylinder?

To measure the mass of a cylinder, you will need a scale. Place the cylinder on the scale and record the measurement in grams (g).

3. How do I measure the volume of a cylinder?

The volume of a cylinder can be calculated by using the formula πr^2h, where r is the radius of the cylinder and h is the height. Alternatively, you can fill the cylinder with a known amount of water and measure the change in volume.

4. Can I find the density of a hollow cylinder?

Yes, the density of a hollow cylinder can be found by subtracting the volume of the hollow space from the total volume of the cylinder and using the resulting volume in the density formula.

5. What units should I use for density?

Density is typically measured in grams per cubic centimeter (g/cm^3) or kilograms per cubic meter (kg/m^3). However, any consistent unit of mass and volume can be used as long as they are both converted to the same units.