1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

How to find peak time?

1. Mar 18, 2015 #1
    1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data
    I am trying to find the peak time and %OS from the diagram

2. Relevant equations

3. The attempt at a solution
    I know how to get the %OS but for the peak time, isn't it just the time of the first peak, so around 1.1s? But the answer I am supposed to be getting is 0.0922s

Attached Files:

2. jcsd
  3. Mar 18, 2015 #2

gneill

Staff: Mentor

Your attached figure lacks information concerning the scales on the X and Y axes, and the observed peak is crowded towards the left side of the image and won't yield much in the way of accuracy for measurements made on it concerning that peak. The answer you claim that you're suppose to get for the time of the peak has three significant figures. Do you think you can measure to that kind of accuracy on the given image?

The peak time is likely to be the amount of time after the step transition that the peak occurs. Note that the step does not happen at t = 0 in the figure; the step occurs at t = 1 <something>. Where the <something> is meant to represent the units that aren't specified...

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted