How to find the heat of vaporization of ABS?

In summary, the conversation is about finding the heat of vaporization of Acrylonitrile butadiene styrene, a mixture of three compounds. The person asking the question is looking for sources or ideas on how to calculate this property based on the concentration of the components.
PHstud
Hello everyone !

I am currently looking for a way to find the heat of vaporization of Acrylonitrile butadiene styrene

I can not find any papers or source about it, so maybe I thought there is some chemistery table that could help ? Do you have any ideas/sources ? Thank you !

Engineering news on Phys.org
Can we assume you want the parameter for the mixed resin and not for the solid polymer?

As a resin ABS is a mix of three compounds; 2-Propenenitrile, polymer with 1,3-butadiene and ethenylbenzene.
https://pubchem.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/compound/24756#section=Top

It is a mixture indeed, is it possible to calculate knowing the concentration of the different components ?

And Baluncore, Thank you for the link, but I can not find any informations about the latent heat ?

1. What is the heat of vaporization?

The heat of vaporization is the amount of energy required to change a substance from its liquid state to its gaseous state at a constant temperature and pressure.

2. How is the heat of vaporization measured?

The heat of vaporization can be measured by conducting an experiment where the substance is heated until it reaches its boiling point and then recording the amount of energy required for it to completely vaporize.

3. What is ABS?

ABS (acrylonitrile butadiene styrene) is a type of thermoplastic polymer that is commonly used in the manufacturing of various products including pipes, automotive parts, and household appliances.

4. Why is it important to know the heat of vaporization of ABS?

Knowing the heat of vaporization of ABS is important in various industrial processes where ABS is used. It allows for the accurate calculation of the energy required to vaporize ABS, which can impact production and manufacturing costs.

5. How can the heat of vaporization of ABS be used in practical applications?

The heat of vaporization of ABS can be used in practical applications such as designing and optimizing industrial processes that involve the use of ABS, as well as in the development of new products and materials that utilize ABS as a component.