Can WolframAlpha help me find the sin (cos x) or cos (sin x)?

• Thread starter optics.tech
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Sin
In summary, the conversation is discussing how to solve the equation sin(cos x) or cos(sin x) in terms of trigonometry. There is confusion about what form the equation should be in and how it can be solved. A link to WolframAlpha is provided as a possible solution.
optics.tech
Hi everyone,

Can someone please tell me how the method I can find the sin (cos x) or cos (sin x)?

Thanks in advance

Huygen

Physics news on Phys.org
Find it in terms of what?

In trigonometry, maybe?

Btw, I wonder in what form is possible of above equation can be solved?

Huygen

There are no equations to be seen in this thread therefore none to be solved.
Your question makes no sense it's incomplete. We surely now this is trigonometry but what is the question?

Do you want to know how you can calculate the numerical value if you insert a value for x, or is it something else?

We would appreciate it if you would take more than 10 seconds to write a post so it's comprehensible to everyone.

How To Find The sin(cos(x))?

Calculating the sine of the cosine of a given angle x involves performing trigonometric operations. Here's how to find sin(cos(x)):

What Does sin(cos(x)) Represent?

The expression sin(cos(x)) represents the sine of the cosine of the angle x. In simpler terms, it means finding the sine of the value obtained when you calculate the cosine of x.

Step 1 - Calculate cos(x)

Start by calculating the cosine of the angle x. You can use a calculator or trigonometric tables to determine the value of cos(x).

Step 2 - Find sin(cos(x))

Once you have the value of cos(x), proceed to find sin(cos(x)) by applying the sine function to the calculated value of cos(x).

Example Calculation

Let's illustrate this with an example: If x = 45 degrees (π/4 radians), first calculate cos(45°). Then, determine sin(cos(45°)).

cos(45°) = √2/2 (approximately 0.7071)

sin(cos(45°)) = sin(√2/2) ≈ 0.6267

Working with Radians

If you are working with radians instead of degrees, follow the same steps to calculate cos(x) and sin(cos(x)) in radians.

Online Tools and Calculators

Various online trigonometric calculators and mathematical software tools are available to help you quickly compute trigonometric functions like sin(cos(x)) for any given angle x.

Relevance in Mathematics

The expression sin(cos(x)) may arise in mathematical and scientific calculations, especially in fields such as calculus, differential equations, and mathematical modeling.

Additional Resources

If you wish to delve deeper into trigonometry and trigonometric functions, you can explore trigonometry textbooks, enroll in mathematics or trigonometry courses, and access online educational resources and tutorials dedicated to trigonometry.