1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

How to find transfer function

1. Sep 30, 2009 #1
    When i tried to find V_o(s)/V_i(s), i got a transfer function in s domain as,
    degree of denominator was greater than that of numerator.
    please help me find the transfer function of the attached circuit. i eventually need to find the impulse response.

Attached Files:

2. jcsd
  3. Sep 30, 2009 #2

berkeman

Staff: Mentor

Welcome to the PF. What transfer function do you get? Show us what you got.

And why would it maybe be good if the denominator had a higher order than the numerator?

4. Sep 30, 2009 #3
    Thank you for such quick response. I am sorry. What i derived has degree of numerator greater than degree of denominator. the transfer function that i got is, please refer to the attachment and let me know if i'm doing something wrong. thanks

Attached Files:

5. Sep 30, 2009 #4

berkeman

Staff: Mentor

I'm not sure (the problem statement schematic is a bit unusual for me), but I think Vi should be at V- input, and the other side of the xtal is grounded (connected to V+ input). Vi is not being fed in through the xtal. Does that give you a better result?

6. Sep 30, 2009 #5
    Vi is connected through the RLC circuit parallel with C_p. Attached is the other equivalent of the circuit. I hope that gives a better idea of the circuit i am trying to analyze. The schematic diagram seems correct according to this attachment. I do not know whether it gives a better result. I have just been asked to find the impulse response. so i was trying to evaluate the transfer function first.

Attached Files:

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook