1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

How to find universitites giving Astronomy and Astrophysics

Tags:
  1. Feb 28, 2016 #1
    Hi

I am interested in having more information for undergraduate courses in Astrophysics. I am looking for univs in Western Europe predominantly, but information on univs in other countries can help too.

I wanted to know as to how to find universities that allows one to graduate in the fields of Astrophysics (or astronomy as second choice). I understand that these are specialization fields within the generic branch of Physics. And thus, what should I look for in the univ's physics course syllabus to be sure that I get a specialization in astrophysics. NB: almost every syllabus would have some high sounding words or phrases to talk about astrophysics but that is no guarantee that they give this as a standalone specialization subject.

Thus I am looking for suggestions on how to identify the univs that give me this option.

Many thanks in advance for all your suggestions.

2. jcsd
  3. Mar 4, 2016 #2
    Thanks for the post! This is an automated courtesy bump. Sorry you aren't generating responses at the moment. Do you have any further information, come to any new conclusions or is it possible to reword the post?

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted