Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

How to get an avatar

1. Sep 6, 2004 #1
    How come some people on this forum have avatars, while others don't? Is there a special "initiation test" we need to do before we can get one? I'm willing to be abused, beaten, torn apart by wild dogs, sung to for 5 hours straight or hit on the head with a bat. However, I will not pay money. I'm very strict on that.

Avatars are fun, and nifty, and I need to be fun and nifty too. :cool:
  2. jcsd
  3. Sep 6, 2004 #2
    Dang, that's not good. Of all the things I will do for an avatar, the only one I won't do is the only one I have to do. Pay money. $25 a year. Maybe I'll pay it, because I like PF so much.

Or, then again...

Who wants to pay me $25? :uhh:
  4. Sep 6, 2004 #3
    I really don't care about 25$ a year. A year ! Don't you think PF is worth way more than that !? But then, I don't know if I can trust internet payments. I am afraid to give my VISA number. I would prefer something more secure. It is not even for the avatar really, I would appreciate to participate more.
  5. Sep 6, 2004 #4

jimmy p

Gold Member

You are close awmbonfire. Paying is the start. Then you have to go through the ritual abuse, beating, mauling by wild dogs, be sung to for 5 hours straight and paddling. Finally you are fire- branded with:

"property of Greg Bernhardt and Physics Forums
    (Powered by: vBulletin Version 3.0.3
    Copyright ©2000 - 2004, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
    © 2001-04 Physics Forums - Physics Help and Math Help)"

Then another brand for the copyright laws. The survivors get to have their avatars.
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?