How to get BBM on Windows

Main Question or Discussion Point

I do not have a phone and i want to get BBM
I am running Windows 10 Pro
I have tried:
downloading an Android Emulator (I have tried several different ones)
downloading a Blackberry simulator (I thought it was going to work until i discovered that it wouldn't send or recieve any requests)
If anyone is going to suggest running Blackberry Playbook on VMware, that is out of question for me because I have an internet filter which does not allow me to use VMware, even if do manage to download it.
Can anybody help me?

Answers and Replies

OK, i have discovered that you can download google play apps as .apk files, which worked, but bbm said that the time was incorrectly set.
i have tried resetting the network, but that didn't do anything.
is there something else that i could try?

OK, i have discovered that you can download google play apps as .apk files, which worked, but bbm said that the time was incorrectly set.
i have tried resetting the network, but that didn't do anything.
is there something else that i could try?
You won't find much help for hacking applications to work on platforms they don't support here.

bbm is supported on android, what are you talking about?
the same thing happened on an LG G6 that I came across, so surely if that could be fixed my case also could.

bbm is supported on android, what are you talking about?
I highly doubt they support android emulators, otherwise you could call them for help.

all the other apps I have tried have worked properly, why should bbm be an exception?
the OS on the emulator is a supported version.
look anywhere online and it will tell you to use Bluestacks, (but my computer blatantly refuses to open the installer) so surely the one I am using shouldn't be any different.

all the other apps I have tried have worked properly, why should bbm be an exception?
The installer may perform additional environment checks to ensure the app is being installed on a supported Android device (not OS).
Since there doesn't appear to be any BBM experts here, I suggest contacting their support for further assistance.

Last edited:
I dont think it was on the network. I tried many android emulator, BlueStacks is best even it consumes lots of memory and slows down your computer. And I download BBM from sideload website (apknite) and got no problem

Likes sysprog
I dont think it was on the network. I tried many android emulator, BlueStacks is best even it consumes lots of memory and slows down your computer. And I download BBM from sideload website (apknite) and got no problem
You can adjust many of the performance and other characteristics using Bluestacks Tweaker available free from: https://forum.xda-developers.com/general/general/bluestacks-tweaker-2-tool-modifing-t3622681
I'm using release 4 of BSTweaker. I use Bluestacks 3 to run Android apps, such as Talkatone (VOIP), on a Samsung NC350E7C laptop PC running Windows 7. On that machine, with a few constraints imposed by the tweaker, Bluestacks isn't too demanding.