Troubleshooting BBM on Windows without a Phone: Tips from a Scientist

• Thread starter I-Love-Maths2
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Windows
In summary: I don't think it was on the network. I tried many android emulator, BlueStacks is best even it consumes lots of memory and slows down your computer. And I download BBM from sideload website (apknite) and got no problem
I-Love-Maths2
I do not have a phone and i want to get BBM
I am running Windows 10 Pro
I have tried:
downloading an Android Emulator (I have tried several different ones)
downloading a Blackberry simulator (I thought it was going to work until i discovered that it wouldn't send or receive any requests)
If anyone is going to suggest running Blackberry Playbook on VMware, that is out of question for me because I have an internet filter which does not allow me to use VMware, even if do manage to download it.
Can anybody help me?

Computer science news on Phys.org
OK, i have discovered that you can download google play apps as .apk files, which worked, but bbm said that the time was incorrectly set.
i have tried resetting the network, but that didn't do anything.
is there something else that i could try?

I-Love-Maths2 said:
OK, i have discovered that you can download google play apps as .apk files, which worked, but bbm said that the time was incorrectly set.
i have tried resetting the network, but that didn't do anything.
is there something else that i could try?
You won't find much help for hacking applications to work on platforms they don't support here.

bbm is supported on android, what are you talking about?
the same thing happened on an LG G6 that I came across, so surely if that could be fixed my case also could.

I-Love-Maths2 said:
bbm is supported on android, what are you talking about?
I highly doubt they support android emulators, otherwise you could call them for help.

all the other apps I have tried have worked properly, why should bbm be an exception?
the OS on the emulator is a supported version.
look anywhere online and it will tell you to use Bluestacks, (but my computer blatantly refuses to open the installer) so surely the one I am using shouldn't be any different.

I-Love-Maths2 said:
all the other apps I have tried have worked properly, why should bbm be an exception?
The installer may perform additional environment checks to ensure the app is being installed on a supported Android device (not OS).
Since there doesn't appear to be any BBM experts here, I suggest contacting their support for further assistance.

Last edited:
I don't think it was on the network. I tried many android emulator, BlueStacks is best even it consumes lots of memory and slows down your computer. And I download BBM from sideload website (apknite) and got no problem

Likes sysprog
Looks like BBM is closing on 31-May-2019.

https://blog.bbm.com/2019/04/18/time-to-say-goodbye-english-version/

Likes henriquezvaldez
henriquezvaldez said:
I don't think it was on the network. I tried many android emulator, BlueStacks is best even it consumes lots of memory and slows down your computer. And I download BBM from sideload website (apknite) and got no problem
You can adjust many of the performance and other characteristics using Bluestacks Tweaker available free from: https://forum.xda-developers.com/general/general/bluestacks-tweaker-2-tool-modifing-t3622681
I'm using release 4 of BSTweaker. I use Bluestacks 3 to run Android apps, such as Talkatone (VOIP), on a Samsung NC350E7C laptop PC running Windows 7. On that machine, with a few constraints imposed by the tweaker, Bluestacks isn't too demanding.

1. How do I download BBM on my Windows computer?

To download BBM on your Windows computer, go to the Microsoft Store and search for "BBM". Click on the app and then click on the "Get" button to begin the download and installation process. Once the app is installed, you can open it and sign in with your BBM account or create a new one.

2. Is BBM available for all versions of Windows?

No, BBM is only available for Windows 8 and 10. If you have an older version of Windows, you will not be able to download and use the BBM app.

3. Can I use BBM on my Windows laptop or desktop?

Yes, you can use BBM on both Windows laptops and desktops. As long as your device is running on Windows 8 or 10, you can download and use the BBM app.

4. Does BBM on Windows have all the same features as the mobile version?

Yes, BBM on Windows has all the same features as the mobile version. This includes the ability to send and receive messages, make voice and video calls, share files and photos, and join group chats.

5. Can I sync my BBM contacts and chats between my Windows computer and mobile device?

Yes, you can sync your BBM contacts and chats between your Windows computer and mobile device. As long as you are signed in with the same BBM account on both devices, your contacts and chats will be synced automatically.