How to Cope with a Series of Bad Days?

• Thread starter Huckleberry
  • Start date
In summary: Yeah, but I'm used to it.Everybody says "don't drink when you're down; alcohol is a depressant". If I'm depressed already, I damned well want to make it worthwhile. :biggrin:I might try that for a night or two, but its not something I want to make a habit of.
Moonbear said:
:biggrin: Where's Danger? Barkeep! We'll have a round of pina coladas, a round of margueritas (make mine a daquiri; I don't get along well with tequila), and a round of Blue Hawaiians! *hic*
hmm.. we need some snacks. I just ordered a couple of flaming pu-pu platters, too. Hope y'all don't mind.

Physics news on Phys.org
Math Is Hard said:
hmm.. we need some snacks. I just ordered a couple of flaming pu-pu platters, too. Hope y'all don't mind.

Flaming pu-pu? You really are in the mood for pranks tonight, aren't you? :rofl:

MIH said:
I'm liking Moonbear's Tiki bar idea more and more.
But you always like Moonbear's Tiki bar idea. :smile:
Moonbear said:
Maybe you just needed to sing your presentation!
I think everything would work out much better if I sang karaoke sober and did my presentation drunk.

Where's that old wizard Danger. Wizard, I'll have me a margarita and a microphone please. And there's something extra in it for you if you bring me a picture of my imaginary girlfriend from your tower while she is standing on her head in the park.
Bicycle Tree said:
The cure for a bad day is a lifetime of spiritual seeking. Just another step on the road.
I'm on the road again
And I'm goin' places I've never been
And places where I'll never go again
I can't believe it
I'm on the road again

Math Is Hard said:
Just don't ring the doorbell and leave them on the porch without saying hello.

Evo said:
I need to send you Groovy cat. :tongue2:
Yes please. I haven't gotten a Valentine since I was 14.

Huckleberry said:
But then I wouldn't be able to stand on my head, and that's half the fun.
Enjoy it while you're young. If I tried to stand on my head, my neck would fold up and my brains would run out of my ears. Not to mention, all of my blood would rush away from the important places.

Huckleberry said:
What is that thing? Looks like something from a giraffe sonogram.
I think that someone has crossed an alpaca with a silkworm in hope of making warmer suits for us Canuks.

Huckleberry said:
I think everything would work out much better if I sang karaoke sober and did my presentation drunk.
It might have helped if you thought of this sometime before your presentation. :rolleyes: Y'know, I've never done karaoke. But, I can sing badly enough, so I'm sure I could do it. If you want good singing, then you have to wait until I'm drunk...I think I sound much better when drunk, and I don't even need a microphone then! I'm also good at singing in the shower (I can do that sober or drunk, your call).

I'm on the road again
And I'm goin' places I've never been
And places where I'll never go again
I can't believe it
I'm on the road again
Ack! That's just the sort of song to get stuck in my head! :grumpy: Good thing I haven't taken my shower yet, I can get it out of my system belting it out in the shower! :biggrin:

haha... have fun getting drunk at the tiki bar! I'm sure a bunch of drunk women around would definately lighten huck's mood eh... haha.. i spose a teenager standing on her head in the park pretending to be a princess doesn't quite compare... but perhaps if you all drink enough, you'll be joining me soon anyways eh?

Gale17 said:
haha... have fun getting drunk at the tiki bar! I'm sure a bunch of drunk women around would definately lighten huck's mood eh... haha.. i spose a teenager standing on her head in the park pretending to be a princess doesn't quite compare... but perhaps if you all drink enough, you'll be joining me soon anyways eh?

Yep, once I'm drunk enough, I won't even remember I'm wearing a skirt when I stand on my head in the park! It'll either cheer up Huck or send him running away screaming. :rofl:

Math Is Hard said:
I had a crap day, too. I'm afraid there's only one cure that I know of. Wanna come over and make prank phone calls with me? :biggrin:

Huckleberry said:
Hmm, a tempting offer. I'd tell you to give me a call, but I'm afraid you would only torment me with prank calls.

Actually, her tactic would be to get you to make the prank calls: "Hey, Huck, why don't you dial this large office building and ask them if they realize there's a guy in a 3rd floor office, south side, 4th window from the left, dancing naked in front of the window with a large stuffed animal?"

The she would position herself with video camera, first to tape the crowd that emerges from the building to scan the south side windows, and later, outside your residence to tape it when the cops come investigating an interesting call made from that address. She has a large collection of such tapes.

Moonbear said:
Yep, once I'm drunk enough, I won't even remember I'm wearing a skirt when I stand on my head in the park! It'll either cheer up Huck or send him running away screaming. :rofl:
cool! You'll be SKIRT-HEAD! :rofl:
zoob said:
The she would position herself with video camera, first to tape the crowd that emerges from the building to scan the south side windows, and later, outside your residence to tape it when the cops come investigating an interesting call made from that address. She has a large collection of such tapes.
Dang it, Zooby! SHHHHHHHHH! You're ruining my evil plan! :devil:

Moonbear said:
I'm also good at singing in the shower (I can do that sober or drunk, your call).
Either is fine for me, but don't bring the microphone.
Gale17 said:
but perhaps if you all drink enough, you'll be joining me soon anyways eh?
I don't think anyone will mind if you sneak a few drinks here. Maybe we'll all end up in the park playing freebee by the end of the night.
Moonbear said:
Yep, once I'm drunk enough, I won't even remember I'm wearing a skirt when I stand on my head in the park!
Moonbear is already there. She's way ahead of us again. Somebody grab her keys.

zoobyshoe said:
She has a large collection of such tapes.
I don't know why I keep falling for that trick :grumpy:

Math Is Hard said:
Dang it, Zooby! SHHHHHHHHH! You're ruining my evil plan! :devil:
Yah, right! Entraping Huck into making prank calls was my evil plan, which you were trying to hijack in my absence.

Huckleberry said:
Parks are a great place to play with freebees.
The only place I ever got to play with freebies is in an alley off 4th Avenue.

BicycleTree said:
Really, if you come to the end of your life and you haven't spent serious time in spiritual seeking, wouldn't you feel kind of futile?
Not at all. If I had spent it, I'd feel that I'd wasted time when I could have been doing something else.

Huckleberry said:
Where's that old wizard Danger. Wizard, I'll have me a margarita and a microphone please. And there's something extra in it for you if you bring me a picture of my imaginary girlfriend from your tower while she is standing on her head in the park.
Here you go, mate. The picture's hidden in your cocktail napkin. :wink:

Moonbear said:
I'm also good at singing in the shower (I can do that sober or drunk, your call).
One front row centre seat, please. (Or is SOS selling the tickets?) Preference of sober or drunk depends upon your relative levels of resistance.

Moonbear said:
It'll either cheer up Huck or send him running away screaming. :rofl:
He's never mentioned an aversion to fur-bearing animals.

Huckleberry said:
Either is fine for me, but don't bring the microphone.
That's not a microphone; she just holds it like one. (I think she watched Grace Slick a little too often.)

Huckleberry said:
Maybe we'll all end up in the park playing freebee by the end of the night.
Okay, I'm still not sure on this one. What is freebee? Is that what the rest of us call frisbee? Or is it a different game?
Moonbear is already there. She's way ahead of us again. Somebody grab her keys.
Oh, it's okay, there are no drinking and driving rules in the supersonic RV. The minimum drinking age in the RV might be 17.6 years old too. :biggrin:

Danger said:
One front row centre seat, please. (Or is SOS selling the tickets?)
Oh, my darling sisters. I'm never sure if it's SOS or MIH selling tickets to watch me do silly things. SOS is in charge of butt pinching tickets, that I'm sure of.

That's not a microphone; she just holds it like one. (I think she watched Grace Slick a little too often.)
:blushing: <--- Only because I've been caught. :devil:

Moonbear said:
Oh, it's okay, there are no drinking and driving rules in the supersonic RV. The minimum drinking age in the RV might be 17.6 years old too. :biggrin:
I assume that you've registered it as the PF Embassy. The only laws are yours.

Moonbear said:
Okay, I'm still not sure on this one. What is freebee? Is that what the rest of us call frisbee? Or is it a different game?

Yay, I'm over by like half a year. Next time i'll bring twice as much Rum. And some more aftershock too. Yummy stuff.

Danger said:
I assume that you've registered it as the PF Embassy. The only laws are yours.
Yep. And once we hit supersonic speeds, nobody can catch us anyway. :biggrin:

Moonbear said:
SOS is in charge of butt pinching tickets, that I'm sure of.
I'd be a lot easier to keep track if you just put her in charge of all ticket sales and leave MIH to run Security. PR should be handled by SOS.

Moonbear said:
:blushing: <--- Only because I've been caught. :devil:
Any incriminating pictures? :tongue2:

Danger said:
I'd be a lot easier to keep track if you just put her in charge of all ticket sales and leave MIH to run Security. PR should be handled by SOS.
Good idea. SOS in charge of PR and ticket sales and MIH in charge of security.

Any incriminating pictures? :tongue2:
If there aren't, you only have yourself to blame. You're in charge of photography and videography. I thought that's why we were giving you front row seats.

Moonbear said:
If there aren't, you only have yourself to blame. You're in charge of photography and videography. I thought that's why we were giving you front row seats.
Catch-22: How am I supposed to afford video and photographic equipment if I don't already have it to gather blackmail material?

OK

whos going to see starwars3 ??

i already got the first show ticket for thursday :D

cronxeh said:
OK

whos going to see starwars3 ??

i already got the first show ticket for thursday :D

I will see it, but probably not the first week. I'll wait for the crowds to ease up a bit. So, don't go talking about it and spoiling it for me after you see it!

Moonbear said:
I will see it, but probably not the first week. I'll wait for the crowds to ease up a bit. So, don't go talking about it and spoiling it for me after you see it!
You can just apply everything in MB's quote to me as well.
And on that rather lame note, I have to get out of here. Not because of you showing up, Cronxeh. (Although that would be a valid excuse.) Seriously, though, now that you're here for the night-shift stalking I absolutely have to get some sleep. I've had far too little lately. Catch you tomorrow.

Moonbear said:
Good idea. SOS in charge of PR and ticket sales...
Cool!
Moonbear said:
You're in charge of photography and videography. I thought that's why we were giving you front row seats.
Correct, otherwise there is an additional charge for premium seating.

It's so funny to see this thread, because I just saw my victim, er, girlfriend last Friday, whom I haven't seen in awhile. And I reminded her of the guys who wanted to pinch her butt, and we had a good laugh (she's a good sport, isn't she?). Then we started thinking of other ways to make money, like selling seating (supply and demand--very crowded). I wish I could remember the other ideas...but apparently those brain cells were destroyed. NO, no never Blue Hawaiians for me. :eek:

So Huck, have we cheered you up yet? (I think that's what this thread is about.)

I did enjoy myself.

I guess I'm feeling a little better. A few good laughs before a long nap. It's going to take me a while. I think mostly I just wanted to vent and tell someone how I was feeling. That's usually enough to help me feel better.

Gale17 said:
All the more reason for you to act 8! ... just like when you were 8!

Gahhh I have to learn to take a break sometime! I interpreted Gales' saying as being 8-factorial rather than 8 (explanation mark), so all the more reason to act 40320 years old :tongue2:.

Huckleberry, try to do something to occupy your time, and above all try not to reminisce on it and gloat over it, that only makes things worse. Several others on this forum have taken up poetry or prose, so unless you're literar-ily challenged you might find that to be quite a pleasant pursuit. For instance, I just made one up a few hours ago (first attempt at prose) and I'm afraid it makes absolutely no sense to anyone so I might as well keep it to myself :yuck:.

Or... try something new, like 3D Tic Tac Toe... http://www.coolmath-games.com/3dtictactoe/index.html

SOS2008 said:
Correct, otherwise there is an additional charge for premium seating.
:approve: Yep, we definitely made the right choice putting you in charge of ticket sales. :biggrin: