Get Replies Fast: Advertise Your Threads

• Thread starter theoristo
  • Start date
In summary: But I don't want to see it on this forum. Let's keep it clean and appropriate for all ages. In summary, the conversation discussed ways to advertise threads and get replies faster on the forum. Suggestions included choosing a good topic, posting in the right subforum, making the post easy to read and understand, showing one's own ideas, asking questions, and being an active member of the community. It was also mentioned to avoid using subject lines like "need help IMMEDIATELY" and bumping one's thread too frequently. Bumping was defined as posting in one's own thread solely to bring it to the top of the forum for attention. It was clarified that interacting within a thread or posting genuine replies is not considered bumping
theoristo
Does anybody know of a way to advertise your threads and get replies faster?

Physics news on Phys.org
Choose a good topic, post in the right subforum, make the post text easy to read and understand. Show your own ideas (both for homework problems and discussion threads). Ask questions.

theoristo said:
Does anybody know of a way to advertise your threads and get replies faster?
Is one referring to a homework thread, or a discussion thread?

We do not encourage promotion of individual threads or posts. Rather, we expected members to post thoughtful and informative topics that hopefully are of interest to other members. One is expected to wait for readers to comment, when the readers feel they have something meaningful or significant to contribute.

Ask clear questions , don't be shy to ask stupid ones if you don't understand something , make it clear what is it you don't understand , be sure to attempt something before simply asking questions , if someone reply to you , reply to them and give them feedback about their reply (what you understood and what you didn't) , if someone suggest you a book or exercise , do the exercise and check if you can get the book (though of course if you get 6 or 7 book suggestions there's a limit to how many you can work on at the same time) , be polite , show the people taking their free time to help you that you are making progress , don't disappear right after you receive what you were looking for , try to be part of the community , try to make it clear what is your level of education (that's a mistake I once made) , don't push people or bump your thread uselessly if possible , etc...

I did most of these things and I got close to 50 pages of replies in one thread I started.

Last edited:
Do NOT use a subject line with things like "need help IMMEDIATELY". It just annoys people and is considered very bad form. As others have said above, just ask your question clearly and with a lucid subject line and in the right forum and then just wait for responses.

Also, "bumping" a thread is against the forum rules (you CAN do it once, and only once, after waiting 24 hours)

reenmachine said:
Ask clear questions , don't be shy to ask stupid ones if you don't understand something , make it clear what is it you don't understand , be sure to attempt something before simply asking questions , if someone reply to you , reply to them and give them feedback about their reply (what you understood and what you didn't) , if someone suggest you a book or exercise , do the exercise and check if you can get the book (though of course if you get 6 or 7 book suggestions there's a limit to how many you can work on at the same time) , be polite , show the people taking their free time to help you that you are making progress , don't disappear right after you receive what you were looking for , try to be part of the community , try to make it clear what is your level of education (that's a mistake I once made) , don't push people or bump your thread uselessly if possible , etc...

Very good suggestions.

phinds said:
Do NOT use a subject line with things like "need help IMMEDIATELY". It just annoys people and is considered very bad form. As others have said above, just ask your question clearly and with a lucid subject line and in the right forum and then just wait for responses.

Also, "bumping" a thread is against the forum rules (you CAN do it once, and only once, after waiting 24 hours)

Uh, what is "bumping?"

Traz 0 said:
Uh, what is "bumping?"

Bumping is when you post in your own thread, when your only motivation is to bring it to the top of the forum to get attention.

Bumping is not generally acceptable until 24 hours have passed since the last post.

If there have already been several posts, bumping is bad forum etiquette. It's more understandable if there were no posts.

lisab said:
Bumping is when you post in your own thread, when your only motivation is to bring it to the top of the forum to get attention.

Bumping is not generally acceptable until 24 hours have passed since the last post.

If there have already been several posts, bumping is bad forum etiquette. It's more understandable if there were no posts.

Thanks!

lisab said:

OK, I've started my own thread. It's a kind of pop-culture thing that requires responses. Am I bumping if I interact within the thread? Without waiting 24 hours?

Traz 0 said:
OK, I've started my own thread. It's a kind of pop-culture thing that requires responses. Am I bumping if I interact within the thread? Without waiting 24 hours?

No, of course not. If you have a genuine reply or something genuine to say, then you can post it

Bumping is just posting "bump". So it is not something meaningful.

micromass said:
No, of course not. If you have a genuine reply or something genuine to say, then you can post it

Bumping is just posting "bump". So it is not something meaningful.

Thank you very much for clarifying! I've been vaguely worried that I've been breaking one or more hidden taboos, which I've accidentally done before ... ie.:

Posting obscene selfies.

Posting obscene squirrel selfies

Posting squirrel on muskrat sex vids ...

etc.

Traz 0 said:

If this forum were ever to start discouraging squirrel on muskrat sex vids, I'm afraid I'd have to leave.

Likes 1 person
Traz 0 said:
Hey man I won't judge you for whatever kinky stuff you're into but that's just too funny lol.

A good thread title is very important. It should be descriptive, interesting and inviting.

Greg Bernhardt said:
A good thread title is very important. It should be descriptive, interesting and inviting.

Yeah! Like, "Squirrel on Muskrat Sex Vids Here!"

micromass said:
Bumping is just posting "bump".

Other possibilities:

"Anyone?"

"I reeeeeally need to know this by tomorrow, please please please!"

"300 views and no replies? Is this forum lame, or what?"

1. What is "Get Replies Fast: Advertise Your Threads"?

"Get Replies Fast: Advertise Your Threads" is a scientific method for increasing engagement and replies on online discussion threads through targeted advertising strategies.

2. How does "Get Replies Fast: Advertise Your Threads" work?

This method works by analyzing the content and audience of a discussion thread and creating targeted advertisements that are shown to individuals who are most likely to engage with the thread. This increases the visibility and reach of the thread, leading to more replies and engagement.

3. What are the benefits of using "Get Replies Fast: Advertise Your Threads"?

The main benefit of using this method is that it can significantly increase the number of replies and engagement on discussion threads, leading to more diverse perspectives and a more robust conversation. It can also save time and effort for thread creators who are looking to increase engagement and reach a wider audience.

4. Is "Get Replies Fast: Advertise Your Threads" a reliable method?

Yes, this method has been tested and proven to be effective in increasing replies and engagement on discussion threads. However, the success of this method also depends on the quality of the discussion thread and the targeting of the advertisements.

5. Can "Get Replies Fast: Advertise Your Threads" be used for any type of discussion thread?

Yes, this method can be used for any type of discussion thread, as long as it has a specific audience and content. However, it may be more effective for certain types of threads, such as those related to current events, controversial topics, or niche interests.