Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Admissions How To Go About Admissions

  1. Jan 7, 2007 #1


    User Avatar

    I recently graduated with an associates degree in Communications Applications Technology from the Community College of the Air Force (CCAF). I would like to go back to a 4-year university to earn a bachelor's degree in some sort of engineering/science major. However, I have a few questions real quick. My GPA during my first 3-years of college was a mere 2.0; however, this past year, I had a 4.0 through CCAF while deployed. My question is, when going through the admissions process, do I go through the same methods as a transfer student even though I have an AA/AS degree? Or do I go about it as if I had just graduated high school? If neither, how?

    Now that I'm back at my home station, I'd like to go back to a 4-year university to earn a BS.

    Any help is greatly appreciated.
  2. jcsd
  3. Jan 10, 2007 #2
    I would suspect you still have to go through standard admissions... but I'd also think the applications would have spots where you can list things like your prior degree. You may also need to submit transcripts fort the degree with your application... Good luck!
  4. Jan 11, 2007 #3
    I would assume you will need to apply as a transfer student since you have college credit.
Share this great discussion with others via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook