Can I Transfer to a 4-Year University with an Associates Degree?

• Admissions
  • Thread starter Cod
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Admissions
In summary: However, you may also need to provide transcripts for your associate's degree. Good luck!In summary, the speaker recently graduated with an associates degree in Communications Applications Technology from the Community College of the Air Force (CCAF) and now wants to pursue a bachelor's degree in engineering or science. They have a 2.0 GPA from their first three years of college, but a 4.0 GPA while deployed through CCAF. They are wondering if they should go through the admissions process as a transfer student or as a high school graduate, and if they need to submit transcripts for their associate's degree.
Cod
I recently graduated with an associates degree in Communications Applications Technology from the Community College of the Air Force (CCAF). I would like to go back to a 4-year university to earn a bachelor's degree in some sort of engineering/science major. However, I have a few questions real quick. My GPA during my first 3-years of college was a mere 2.0; however, this past year, I had a 4.0 through CCAF while deployed. My question is, when going through the admissions process, do I go through the same methods as a transfer student even though I have an AA/AS degree? Or do I go about it as if I had just graduated high school? If neither, how?

Now that I'm back at my home station, I'd like to go back to a 4-year university to earn a BS.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Physics news on Phys.org
I would suspect you still have to go through standard admissions... but I'd also think the applications would have spots where you can list things like your prior degree. You may also need to submit transcripts fort the degree with your application... Good luck!

I would assume you will need to apply as a transfer student since you have college credit.

1. How do I find out about admission requirements?

To find out about admission requirements, you can visit the website of the university or college you are interested in. They usually have a section dedicated to admissions where they list the necessary requirements for different programs. You can also contact the admissions office directly for more specific information.

2. What documents do I need to submit for my application?

The required documents may vary depending on the institution and program you are applying to. However, some common documents include transcripts, standardized test scores, letters of recommendation, and a personal statement. It is important to carefully review the admission requirements and submit all necessary documents to avoid delays in the application process.

3. When is the deadline to submit my application?

The application deadlines also vary by institution and program. It is important to check the specific deadlines for the universities or colleges you are interested in. Some institutions may have rolling admissions, which means they accept applications throughout the year, while others have specific deadlines for each semester or term.

4. Do I need to take any tests for admissions?

Many universities and colleges require applicants to take standardized tests such as the SAT, ACT, GRE, or GMAT. However, some institutions have waived test requirements due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic. It is best to check the specific requirements of the institution you are applying to.

5. What can I do to improve my chances of getting accepted?

Aside from meeting the admission requirements and submitting a strong application, you can also improve your chances of getting accepted by showcasing your extracurricular activities, volunteer work, and relevant experiences. Some institutions also consider personal interviews as part of the admissions process, so it is important to prepare for those as well. Additionally, make sure to submit your application early and follow all instructions carefully.