Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

How to go back to my posts

1. Nov 21, 2005 #1
    Lets say I want to look back at some of my first posts? How would I do that? The page numbers only go up to 20.

Thanks

2. jcsd
  3. Nov 21, 2005 #2

Evo

Staff: Mentor

An easy way to view the last 500 posts you've made is to click on your name and then "find more posts by this user".

If you do an advanced search, you can go back a year. Other than that, I believe you have to search archives.

Last edited: Nov 21, 2005
  4. Nov 21, 2005 #3

hypnagogue

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I believe courtrigrad is asking how to get around the limited search results (20 pages worth) that one receives when one clicks "find more posts by this user."

Here's what you can do. In the PF toolbar, click "Search," then "Advanced Search." Type in the user name of the PF member whose posts you want to search in the "User Name" field. From here, you can use the "Search Options" section to manipulate what results the search brings up. You can use the "Find posts from" drop down boxes to search from before or after a certain amount of time in the past (e.g. find posts from before/after a month ago, a year ago, etc.) You can also search starting from your first posts rather than your newest posts by selecting "in Ascending Order" from the drop down box in the "Sort Results by" section.

5. Nov 21, 2005 #4
    thanks a lot hypnagogue and Evo

6. Nov 22, 2005 #5

Danger

Gold Member

My thanks as well. I kept meaning to ask about that myself and always forgot to.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?