1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

How to improve problem solving skills at pre college level

1. Aug 8, 2012 #1
    I am preparing for olympiads ( though not actually giving) . I am first doing a theory book and then after completing theory and being satisfied that I have understood any particular topic I go on to solve a problem book of the same topic. I have just planned to do progress in this way but I had doubts whether I will be successful or not. According to me, this is a fantastic plan but I don't want to take any risk .
    So, what I wanted to ask was Is this right way to improve , the problem solving abilities provided I work hard and solve at least 2-3 books related to every topic.
    I am willing to take any risk as long I am guaranteed to have good problem solving skills and in depth knowledge of the subject
    Hope my problem was clear to you all

2. jcsd
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Can you offer guidance or do you also need help?
Draft saved Draft deleted